Sequel: First Try

When the Day Met the Night

Just Hanging Around

Andy and Brendon glared at each other. Daggers practically flying out of their eyes. The corner of his lip went up and he growled at her while Andy grit her teeth and clenched her hands into fists.

Jon walked over to them and he looked from Andy to Brendon to Andy. He then looked down, saw the Hershey's bar that lay on the table, smiled, and took it. Opening the chocolate bar and taking a bite.

"Hey!"

"Jon! That was my chocolate bar!"

"Sucks for you!" he walked over to the couch and sat down beside Spencer, who they all knew was not to be disturbed while he was watching Oprah.

"This is all your fault!"

"Me?! You stole my chocolate bar!"

"Sharing is caring!"

"What are you guys doing?"

They looked over at Ryan, scratching his stomach lightly and yawning. He had just woken up from his afternoon nap and he looked so adorable in Andy's eyes.

Andy stood up from her seat, skipped over to him, and clung to his arm. She led him to the booth, sat him down, and sat down beside him.

"Brendon stole my chocolate," Andy told him, pouting.

"What?! That is not true! Jon stole it! We were just having a glaring contest to see who would win the choco-bar and Jon just waltzes up here and eats it!" Brendon crossed his arms and 'hmmph'd.

"Jon, is that true?"

"Yep!"

"Dammit," Andy grumbled, pulling away from Ryan and glaring at the table.

"C'mere, you," he called, pulling her close to him. "I'll buy you another Hershey's."

She leaned on him and he wrapped his arms around her.

"Really?"

He nodded, making her squeal and wrap her arms around his neck. "Thank you!"

He smiled at her and she smiled back. What else was she supposed to do? Frown? Kiss him?

Maybe.

"Just get over the cheeziness and kiss already!"

"Good idea."

"Wha-"

In the time span that Andy had lived on the bus with the band - probably around three weeks - that has been the fifth time that Andy surprised Ryan. She pressed her lips against his in a gentle kiss, and Ryan wasn't going to lie, he liked it.

A lot.

"I was just KIDDING! Stop, stop, stop!"

Andy pulled away, much to Ryan's sorrow, and stuck her tongue out at Brendon.

~

Ryan sat up. That was the fifth dream in a row that he had had about Andy kissing him.

What is the deal?!

He searched around the bunk for his phone and immediately found it between his legs. How it got there, he had no idea.

He checked the time and groaned.

"3:05 am."

What was he supposed to do at a time like that?

He thought for a minute in the silence of the night - er, morning. He noticed that there was a soft hum coming from the outside and he knew that someone was watching T.V. outside. So he stood up and went out of the bunk area, all the while wondering who it was, but he already had a pretty good idea.

Spencer.

He knew it.

Spencer was some kind of insomniac, so he only got to sleep a few hours at a time.

"Hey Spin," Ryan greeted, plopping down beside the said insomniac.

"Hey," he replied dully, still staring at the television screen.

"Can't sleep?"

"Obviously."

"Yeah, me neither, man."

"What's up with you?" Spencer turned the television on mute, so that he could talk to his best friend, but at least they had some light shining on them.

"I've been having weird dreams lately, and they're all about the same thing," Ryan complained, slumping down on the couch.

"What about?"

"You have to promise you won't laugh."

"Promise."

"Okay, they're about... Andy kissing me. And it's like, really weird, because in, like, my dreams, I find myself enjoying it, but when I wake up I just can't imagine us kissing you know? And it's, like, really annoying, cuz, like, it happened, like, five times now, and it gets, like, crazier each time! There was one where it was Christmas, and, like, we had a dog named Hobo, and, like, we kissed when it was twelve o'clock. And then, there was another one, when, like, she ran onstage and kissed me, and like all the fans were screaming. And then, the one i just had now, was like, it was totally random, she just did it, coz Brendon gave her the idea. And now, my 'like's' are coming to life, and i don't even know why these dreams keep happening"

Spencer thought for a minute before the corner of his lips curled up into an all knowing smirk.

"What, what's with the face?"

"I think I know why."

"Tell me, please, and spare me the pain of having to analyze so early in the morning," Ryan groaned before straightening up on the couch.

"I think you like Andy, and you actually want her to kiss you."

Ryan stared at him for a few seconds before bursting out laughing.

"Man, you have to be kidding!"

"You've got to have an open mind, my friend" Spencer stood up, "you could at least think about it first. You never know, maybe you do like her, maybe you don't. What have you go to lose?" And with that, he went into the bunk area and closed the door behind him.

Ryan's laughing had died out and he sat and thought for a bit about it. What if Spencer was right? What if he wasn't? What if he wanted to kiss her? What if he didn't? Andy did seem to show that she was somewhat... loving towards him, but then that might just be in her nature. What DID he have to lose?

Only one way to find out, he thought, and stood up, turning the telly off.

He made his way into the bunk area and over to Andy's bunk, which was just an empty bunk until she had occupied it. He carefully pulled the curtain back and sat down on the edge of the bunk. She was lying on her back as if someone had told her to, just to make it easier on him.

He breathed deeply and leaned down slowly. His lips were a mere centimeter away from hers now, and all he had to do was move his head slightly and they would...

He breathed in, closed his eyes, and took the plunge.

He pressed his lips to hers gently, so that he wouldn't wake her up, and save himself the trouble of explaining to her why he was kissing her at three o'clock in the morning. This, he noted, felt nothing like kissing Jac, or any other girl he had kissed. It was a totally new feeling to him, and he, well, he liked it.

The next thought that came into his head though was that,

Spencer Smith was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whee update =D

comments please?

I've got 72 readers and 22 subscribers, and only 2-3 people comment a lot. c'mon, guys please? even just a "hey, i like your story" would be great.