Sequel: First Try

When the Day Met the Night

Came Back With Flags On Coffins

Andy stared at him. She hadn't seen this man in a long time and now he shows up here at her birthday party. She didn't know what to say. What could she say?

"Don't I get a hug? I missed you so much," he pouted, looking at her with those deep chocolate eyes that somewhat tantalized her.

"Uh... uh... y-yeah," she stammered, stepping closer to the taller one as she wrapped her arms around him in a stiff hug.

"Can I talk to you for a bit in private?" he whispered into her ear. She nodded and let him pull her away from the party and into the bathroom.

He shut the door behind him and leant on it. "So. How have you been?" he asked her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I've been okay, you?"

"Pretty much the same."

Silence.

"G-Gabe... what... what happened? You just left me. You didn't even bother to call... O-Or try to reach me or something." Andy looked down at the floor and fumbled with her hands.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It's just that... when... when your brother kicked me out, I went straight back home so I could talk to you. But then when I got home, my parents were there, waiting for me. They told me that they were sending me to a different school in a different country. Apparently, your brother spoke to them before he walked in on us. He told them that he heard us 'doing the nasty' in your room and they, well, they got pissed," he explained, his hands moving now and then to gesture at some words.

"But... you got away, couldn't you have-" she began, but he cut her off by shaking his head.

"My parents started monitoring my calls, my mail, my email, my texts, and my friends. It was so stupid, really. You'd think they thought I was, like, ten, or something. I was just able to run away after a couple of months, lived with a friend, and then started a band. I guess I just forgot after then. I'm really, really sorry I forgot though," Gabe frowned, looking at her again with those eyes. They were nothing like Ryan's - Gabe's were more piercing.

Andy nodded again and hugged him. "I just... felt lonely at that time."

"I know what you mean."

After their heart-to-heart in the bathroom, Andy and Gabe went back to the party, smiling like idiots and holding hands like friends.

Andy went from band member to band member, asking them how they were and what was going on with tour, things like those. She didn't know how fast time flew by because as soon as she got back to Brendon it was nearly six already.

She looked around the house and saw that hardly anyone was wasted yet, but some were already tipsy. She guessed they were saving it for tonight.

Andy looked back to Brendon and grinned.

"So, Urie, where's my birthday kiss, huh?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows at him and nudging him in the stomach.

"Right, sorry, I forgot," Brendon replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes before pressing his lips to hers.

"Thank you."

"Was that a smooch I just witnessed?" someone fake-gasped. Brendon and Andy turned their heads and saw Bill Beckett standing in front of them.

"Bill, guess what!" Andy said excitedly, moving over on the couch as Bill plopped down between her and Brendon.

"What?"

"I know someone who has a plan to get you to marry her."

Bill quirked an eyebrow at her and smirked. "Who?"

"The friend of this girl I met yesterday who said she also had a plan of marrying either Brendon or Patrick," Andy giggled, remembering Aimee.

"Wow, you've gotta let us meet them some time," Brendon joked, laughing.

"I would, but I only know one of their names, and it's a pretty common name too."

"Damn, that sucks," Bill complained, snapping his fingers in disappointment for extra effect.

The minutes ticked by and soon the party had really begun. People started downing as many drinks as they could, the dancing had become more intimate and violating, and people started playing games like Truth or Dare and Spin The Bottle.

Brendon had disappeared, Andy wasn't all too sure where to, though. So she stood up and started looking for him in the mass of people in her living room.

She soon spotted the back of his head at the front door. She went over to him and as she got closer she started to hear that he was getting mad at someone who was trying to get into the party.

"What did I tell you about bringing her?"

"What did you tell who about bringing who, Bren?" Andy asked, coming up beside him only to see that face that she had so desperately been wanting to see ever since this party started. His hair was cut short and he was dressed differently too. He dressed like he was part of some cowboy organization or something.

"Ryan?" she murmured, staring at the boy in front of her, a smile making it's way onto her face.

He, on the other hand, didn't look too happy to see her.

"Hey Andy," he greeted, rubbing the back of his neck. "Happy birthday."

"Thanks! Uhm, why don't you-" she began to offer when someone blonde and tan walked up beside him, holding a gift in her hands.

"I got the gift," she told him, smiling.

Andy looked at her and Ryan in confusion, then she looked up at Brendon, who she hoped might have answers for her. But all he was doing was glaring at the two in front of him.

"Hey, Andy right? Happy birthday!" the blonde greeted her.

Andy turned to face her, smiled softly and thanked her.

"Ryan, don't you think you should introduce Andy to who this lovely girl is?" Brendon asked Ryan, a bit of anger in his tone.

Andy turned her attention to Ryan, who sighed and wrapped his arm around the waist of the girl beside him.

"Andy," he began, but already Andy could tell that this wasn't going to be a good introduction. She just had a feeling in her stomach, and it hurt. A lot.

"This is Keltie-"

Andy's heart began beating faster and faster with every second that passed. She watched Ryan's lips form the words she didn't want to hear or see come out of his mouth. And as he said them, she knew that things would change for her, and she knew that she wasn't going to like it.

"She's my girlfriend."

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

taken from flickr. ;)

Yup, sorry to say folks, but the story ends there.

It's up to you now to tell me if you want me to write a sequel for it or not. =)

I enjoyed writing this story so much, and I wanted to thank all those people who left the lovely comments. Also to the people who subscribed to this story and to the people who read =)

This is my first ever finished fic. =) I am proud to say that.

<3 always and forever,

Ryan