Sequel: Eat My Heart Out

Skin and Bones

Oh Happy Day

Turns out Mikey was late for class, so both Mikey, Gerard and I got detention. The teacher that got to work overtime was some grouchy, old gym-teacher whom I can’t believe still teaches gym. He kept a firm eye on us and growled every time we just as much as looked at each other. He probably also just settles for looking at his students run, rather than run with them. Lazy-ass pervert.

The only good thing about detention was that I got a chance to do my homework. I didn’t get anything done last night, so I’ve been sitting in the far back all day – avoiding the teachers’ eyes.

One thing that I should consider good is getting a ride home, but after my mom’s threat last night, I kinda hoped that I could avoid it.
But I couldn’t.

Mikey turns up the volume. I wonder if he’s got cotton in his ears.
After a little while, Gerard turns it down again.

“Hey!” Mikey looks over at Gerard – outraged and angry like a 4-year-old.

“I’m driving!” Gerard points out the window, as if Mikey hasn’t seen a road before.
Mikey just crosses his arms and scowls out the window.
“So, Frankie. Where do you live?” I look out the window and notice that we’re just one light away from my street.

“Oh, not far. You can just stop after the next light.” That way I can walk down the street and into my house without my mom ever knowing that I got detention and that the Ways drove me home.

“You sure? I could just drive you all the way to your door.”

“No, no! It’s fine. It’s really not very far. Just around a corner and that’s it.” The truth was that my house was at the other end of the street. It was kinda far, but I didn’t want my mom to see the brothers.

“Okay.” Gerard stops at the curb and pulls the handbrake. I take off my belt and look up to say goodbye. Gerard’s face is smiling back at me.

“Thanks for the ride. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I slide over the backseat to get to the door.

“Hey!” Gerard yells, and I whip my head around. Gerard suddenly takes a hold of my arm and drags me back to the centre of the backseat. He then runs his fingers up my arm – his light touch sending shivers through my body – wraps his hand around the back of my neck and pulls me in.

Our lips collide and I barely even register Mikey’s groan and complaint as Gerard’s soft lips massage mine with a perfect amount of pressure.
My chest expands.

His hand lets go of me and he pulls away – licking his lips while gazing into my eyes. I gaze back.

“I’ll see ya tomorrow.” I smile widely before I blush and slide across the seat again and get out of the car.
I wave as it drives away – Gerard waving back.
My smile never leaves my lips as I walk down the street. He actually kinda likes me, doesn’t he?
I definitely actually kinda sorta like him.
Fuck! I sound like a girl!

“Frank!” I turn around to see Mikey running towards me. I swallow hard. No. He can’t come down here.
I look around and realize I’m right in front of my neighbor’s house. Fuck! My mom can see me – us – from here!
“Dude,” he says – out of breath.
“You live pretty far down this street.” He grabs a hold of my shoulder and leans on me while he catches his breath. I think about shrugging him off. My mom could see us!
But I don’t.
“Phew. Okay! I was just thinking about that English project. It’s due on Monday, so I was thinking if we could pull an all-nighter this weekend? You know, since you and my brother are so close now, then I was thinking that we could have a sleep-over at our house. As long as you two don’t start making out or something, ‘cause I tend to really wanna leave the room when my brother starts groping my best friend.” He laughs. I don’t join.
I quickly nod.

“Sure. Let’s do that. I’ll see you tomorrow!” I quickly turn around and walk away. I’m sure Mikey’s looking at my back oddly, but I really just need to get home and make sure my mom didn’t see us!

“Okay. Bye?” He sounds suspicious, but I just keep walking – quickly.

I turn and walk up to my house. I can’t see my mom in any of the windows, but most of them have the curtains drawn. She could be standing behind one of them.
I fumble with my keys and finally get them in the lock and open the door.

Everything inside is dark. The living room has just a few rays of sunlight coming through one window – everything else is dark.

I close the door behind me and wait a little while until my eyes have adjusted to the dark.

“What did I tell you?” I freeze at my mom’s snarl. I can tell that her teeth are clenched. She’s mad.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper out into the dark. Soon I see her shadow come out of the kitchen. Her hair is sticking up at odd angels and her clothes are askew.

“Didn’t I tell you to stay away from that boy?” She walks closer to me. I swallow in attempt to get rid of some of my fear, but it only creates more.
Suddenly her left hand comes flying at me, and before I can react it slams against my cheek – hard. I fall onto the bottom of the stairs.
“If you go against me again, I will kick you out of this house.” I hold back my sobs.
“Literally!” My body shakes.

She turns around and walks back into the kitchen – her heavy footsteps resonating in my ears.

I slowly begin to crawl up the stairs – my cheek and chest hurting so bad. At the top of the stairs I get to my feet and walk into the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and walk over to the sink. I lean against it as I try to suppress my sobs, but when I look up at myself I break down completely.

There’s a pretty big gash on my left cheek – just below my cheek bone.
My mom still wears her engagement and wedding ring – even after two years – and now they’ve finally come to some good use.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! Big announcement after all the drama:
Today is Jay Leno's 59th birthday!!
And I was born on his 39th!

So! I know that some of you are not big fans of commenting, but I was kinda hoping for a 117 happy birthdays? =D
Pretty please?
You don't have to comment ever again.... Promise. =D

On the 28th of April 1989 at 15:45 (CET) a little girl was born, and now, 20 years later, she posts a dramatic chapter on Mibba!