Sequel: Eat My Heart Out

Skin and Bones

Gym

“Frank!” I slowly open my eyes.
“The bell just rang.” I sigh before I sit up slowly. The world spins slightly.
I hear people talking and the door to the gym opening and closing repeatedly. I look to my side to see Mikey without his jeans on.
“Come on. Get up,” he says as he slips on a pair of disgusting yellow and brown gym pants. School colors. Yuck!

I swing my feet off the bench and onto the floor and pull off my t-shirt – still sitting down. I kick off my shoes before I stand. The world spins slightly and I grab onto the locker in front of me.

The spinning quickly subsides. I open my locker.

I change quickly, and Mikey and I are among the first out of the door. We walk down the dirt path towards the football field. I like winter better. Then we don’t have to run around and about on that stupid field.

“Did the nap help?” Mikey asks as we walk. Plenty of people pass us as we walk. We’re in no rush, whatsoever.

“Not really.” I scratch the back of my neck and yawn.
We’re down by the field way too soon. The teacher is already there.

“Alright everyone. It seems we’re all here now,” the teacher says and looks over at me and Mikey with an accusing look in his eyes. I glare back.
“Now you can all start running. Three laps! Go!” He blows his fucking whistle and people start running. Mikey and I walk at first, but eventually start running when everyone have passed us.

“I hate running,” Mikey says.

“I hate his whistle,” I say back – already out of breath. I hate gym. I have no stamina. I admit it! Why torture me with it?
We’re not even passed the first corner, and I’ve got stabbing pain in my side. Lovely. Just freaking, fucking lovely!

“Come on, people! Kick it up!” I hear the teacher yell after us. Why the fuck isn’t he running himself?!

“Why isn’t he-“
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still baffled by the success of this story...
Gummy bears are on me!!