Sequel: Eat My Heart Out

Skin and Bones

Thursday

We’re sitting outside the courtroom. I had a choice of sitting in the courtroom and follow the trial, or wait out in the hall and just be called in when I was to testify. I chose the latter.

Donna and Donald are both here, but I know Donald has to leave for work soon. We’ve been here since 8am sharp. The trial started at 8.15. Donald don’t have to be at work until 10, but since we’ve been sitting around waiting for over an hour now, it’s only a matter of time before he leaves.

I like him here, though. He’s lightened the mood by cracking jokes and acting kinda childish. About half an hour ago, he went to get some coffee, but instead came back with a piece of paper and an umbrella. He said he got the umbrella from the lost and found. He never lost it.

He curled up the piece of paper and we played baseball for about 20 minutes, before some guard had to ruin the fun. Donald only laughed it off, and instead encouraged us to throw the paper-ball around. Him and Mikey sat across the hall from me, Gerard and Donna. Donna refused to play and I dropped the ball every time it was thrown to me. Mikey kept calling me a spazz, while Gerard always picked up the ball from off the floor.

We played for about 10 minutes before the guard came by again.

“Go on,” Donald says and I lift my head off the wall and look over at him. He’s pointing the umbrella at me. He makes a clicking sound and runs his hand quickly over the fabric of the umbrella, while the handle is resting on his shoulder.
“Make my day, punk!” I laugh out loud once, then quickly shut up, because that was the way the guard found out about Donald’s sock-golf-game.

Gerard suddenly throws himself into my lap and flails his arms around in front of him.

“No! Don’t hurt him!” he yells dramatically, and I giggle at his act.

“Go on, dad. You can take him,” Mikey says with a tone and a look in his eye that’s slightly psychotic. It’s creepy how well and easily he acts that out.

I drop my jaw and stare at Mikey.

“You’re encouraging him?” I ask outraged, then laugh.

Mikey’s about to answer back when the guard returns.

“What’s going on?” he asks harshly and I smirk across the hall at Donald. He looks up at the guard with the most oblivious look in his eye, trying to seem completely innocent.
“Didn’t I already tell you people three times to be quiet?” Donald glances over at me quickly, frowns lightly and then turns back to the guard and shrugs.
“I should throw you people out of here.”

“And prevent a trial? Do you really have the authority to stop legal proceedings?” I giggle at Donald’s quick response, even though the word ‘trial’ makes me a little queasy.

“Just be quiet.” I don’t even look up at the guard as he walks away quickly.

“Excuse me?” Donald asks politely and out of the corner of my eye, I see the guard turn around. His body language is easily read as annoyed.
“Could you take this?” Donald throws the umbrella at the poor guard before he’s even finished his sentence. The guard is startled, but manages to catch the umbrella before he looks at it utterly confused.

“Why are you giving me-“

“I found it,” Donald interrupts, shrugs and then leans back in the hard chair. I can’t hold back a smirk and a look of adoration as I stare at Donald’s relaxed posture, while the guard is scowling at him like he’s the worst thing he’s ever encountered.

I loud, dragging noise reverberate through the long hall and Donald looks up suddenly. I smirk wider. I really do admire him – like a son would a real dad.

“Frank Anthony Iero?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I kinda had a hard time writing anything, but when I did, I had so much fun!!
This chappy was hilarious to write! =D
Thank you for letting me share it with you!