A Silent Heart Only Means a Waiting Heart

I Have No Heart

"Hold me, please," tears ran, "just once more." Her voice trembled as tears silently made their way down her cheeks. Red rimmed eyes starred up at him, begging. Would it be so hard to touch someone just one more time? Even for someone that was dying? It was. He could never touch or feel again, he just couldn't.

"Please," she pleaded once more, "please, just, please." She continued to weep without a sound. The invisible hole in her heart slowly suffocating her, bearing down on her the weight she had hidden all these years. He wouldn't look at her, he couldn't. Not when he was the cause for this, not when out of all of the things he had done, this was the only one that he held remorse for.

Why? Why can't I just walk away? Why do I continue to stand here watching her weep like that? Am I really a monster? He asked himself as she grabbed at that spot where her heart was.

"Please?" again; she pleaded turning her head up to look at him.

Stop it. I don't want to hear you.

"Please?"She moved towards him using an ounce of her diminished strength. She could no longer see him through the tears that coated her blood-shot eyes.

He couldn't understand the pain she was feeling. He had no heart, therefore no feelings. He couldn't sympathize with her. He wouldn't dare try to comprehend the pain, the scorching, the emptiness she felt. An emptiness so much more, so much different than his own. He didn't understand how someone could feel empty but still feel.

How was that possible? He knew he was empty, he didn't feel empty. What did that mean? He just didn't understand.

"Please," she tried, her voice barely a whisper. She didn't think she could breathe. Her throat was closing up on her as she held down the sobs that threatened to escape. In her own mind she knew she would not win this battle. Just like that time, oh- so many years ago. He would not break; there was nothing there to break. Even though she knew that, she tried, she didn't want to accept the fact he was gone.

He continued to look away from her, to hide from her. I can't. I'm sorry, I just can't. He confessed to her in his mind, turning away.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed breaking down, her body bending to allow her fore-head to lay against the cold, soothing linoleum floor."Good- bye then," she hiccupped as she talked, more to herself or the ground expecting him to have gone. "I love you," her voice was thick with tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
I enjoy comment's as much as I hope you enjoyed my story!