Outlaws

Where's you heart?

"Alright, calm down." I got off my bed and sat cross-legged facing him, giving him a quick embrace with one arm. "Remember, I'm not pushing you to do anything. No one'll be upset. You can tell me nothing; you can tell me everything. Just the more you tell, the more I can help you. We're in this together."
Gerard inhaled a shaky breath, dried, salty tears on his face. "W-wait a minute." The covers were removed and draped around his shoulders as if to give security. Then he placed tissues on the bed and quietly blew his secretive self away.
"Gerard?"
"Y-yeah?"
"Do you...trust me?"
"Yes." A solid answer.
"Then lets begin." I sounded like an executioner. But perhaps for the better...
He sniffed and shuddered.
"Are you going to be okay?"
"No". Isn't honesty the best policy... "But lets go."
He closed his eyes and swallowed, his head down like he was meditating.
I reminded him, "You don't hav-"
"Yes I do, Mikey." Another sniff, then he started, slow and sorrowful. "Okay. I started...around two years ago. I kept wondering about why you...did that. You just didn't move and you were relieved; I could feel it. It was confusing, until I saw for myself. But that's not the real I did it. I...did it cause...", he started breaking down.
"I can't d-do it", Gerard said surely. "N-not n-now. I'm sorry."
Tears paraded down his face like soldiers and I felt every one of them, shooting bullets of Gerard's misery directly into my heart. There it was again: desire.
"I understand. But whenever your ready, don't hesitate. I just want to know because you're my brother and I love you."
He nodded. I didn't think he could speak. His throat was closed; in all senses.
(Author's Note: End all flashbacks)
"Hey, I asked you a question. Who the hell are you and what you two doin' out here? It's fucking two in the morning. Don't tell me; you got laid up." He smiled a yellow grin and the streetlights made his figure menacingly huge.
Gerard awoke and was trying to figure out why the stranger was staring at us.
"N-no, we got k-kicked out of the- the homeless shelter. A-again."
"What are you- seventeen? They only kick 'em out when they do shit. So what'd you do?", he asked, amused, as he folded his arms. He could tell we were lying.
Gerard stepped in. "We stole money."
He chuckled. "That'll do it. What're you doing out here?"
"What are you doing out here?"
"Ahh, a skeptic. I'm searching for gold." Once he noticed our confused looks, the man laughed again. "You're newcomers. I known 'em when I see 'em. I'll take you in. Follow me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!!! I don't care if you say you'd never read this book if it was the last one on Earth, as long as you tell me why!