‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Decision

She silently made her way to the entrance and slipped into the cold night air.

She was careful to make sure everyone was asleep before she snuck out, especially one certain vampire that would surely stop her.

She squinted at the bright sunlight once she was outside; she had become accustomed to waking with the night, as vampires do.

But it was just barely past sunrise, and she had to hurry.

He would be waiting up for her, and the longer kept waiting, the angrier he would become.

She knew this from when she had snuck out exactly one week ago, and he had given her that much time to make her decision.

It wasn’t much of a decision, really.

It was more like: be his puppet and live; or stop working for him and, well…it’s not that hard to figure out from there.

But she had other ideas.

Surely her new friends would keep her safe.

…Or so she hoped.

She tentatively approached his hideout and slipped inside unnoticed in these early hours of the morning.

It appeared to be a deteriorating building from the outside, but she knew better.

She was still impressed by the inside; even though they he’d recently relocated to this new hideout from where they’d previously stayed in the east, it was already nicely furnished.

He had always liked his comfort.

She’d hoped to see the other three, namely her one true best friend, but again no one was here and he was most likely the only one awake or staying here at the moment.

She walked down the surprisingly wide hallway, entering the room at the end of it, relieved to see he wasn’t inside. She was early.

She paced the room nervously, unsure what to do with herself. Her eyes scanned the small, darkened room and she shivered; it was giving off an eerie aura.

She jumped in surprise, hearing a voice in her ear.

“Have you made your decision?” he breathed, cold breath on her neck. This, in addition to the hard, steely sound of his voice, made goose bumps rise on her skin.

“Yes,” she managed to reply, taking a few seconds to calm her racing heart. She turned to face him, a displeased expression on his face. “I won’t do it anymore.”

“That’s unfortunate,” he replied, seemingly unfazed. She fought back another shiver as his cold brown eyes bored into hers. It was an odd combination; his eyes burned red in anger, yet they still held an icy glare. “Maybe you need more time to reconsider?” he offered, mouth set in an irritated snarl.

“No,” she insisted, despite the shivers running down her spine. “I won’t work for you anymore, I refuse-”

“You’re in no position to refuse anything I offer,” he pointed out, taking a step closer. She took this as a sign to leave, backing away slowly. “Remember our deal,” he hissed.

Of course she remembered their deal.

The one that had been made when they found her back east.

But things were different now.

She didn't need them and their protection anymore.

Right?

She instinctively turned towards the door, only to be stopped by the vice-like grip he imposed on her arm.

He wasn’t done with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are about get interesting, no? Guesses/predictions?

Thanks: CallusedSilk, silver-rose-forever (your hint comes in the next chapter ; )), secrets-that-die, maccaveen (yes, but it might also get confusing), shmileysRkewl : ), & manicmonday.