‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Like a Bad Horror Movie

“I think you should do it,” Patrick informed Pete, after listening to what he had to say about his visit to speak with Alex.

“What?! You’re delusional, too!”

“Not like that,” Patrick rolled his eyes at Pete’s misunderstanding. “Just pretend to go along with it, you know?”

“Oh, you mean like Hanna and Brendon did to the Dandies?” Pete retorted. “Yeah, that worked out great, Patrick,” he spat sarcastically.

“Beckett’s gone, isn’t he?” Patrick pointed out simply. “Just because things didn’t work out for you…”

“That’s not even it!” Pete hissed back angrily.

Right,” Patrick managed to say, both in a condescending and sarcastic tone.

Pete growled in response, but didn’t continue the argument; Joe and Hanna had entered the room.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Kira had decided to practice until she could stop thinking about everything.

…it wasn’t working.

Every second she’d spent with Pete since she met him played through her mind like a bad horror movie she couldn't control.

She threw another stake at the target. It stuck to the spot right above where the fake wooden stand of a vampire’s heart should be.

Pete stood at the door, silently watching.

She ignored him, but his presence threw her off; the next stake veered to the left.

“I’m trying to concentrate,” she huffed at him, breathless from her extensive training session. More blood rushed to her cheeks, and she wasn’t one hundred percent sure if it was from the exercise, embarrassment of her poor aim, or the tension Pete’s presence radiated in the room.

“Don’t let me stop you,” he answered sardonically. She rolled her eyes and continued wordlessly.

She stayed completely quiet until the silence was enough to make him pull out his hair in irritation.

“Why aren’t you talking?” he asked, frustrated. It was out of character for her not to make biting remarks, and it made it hard to gauge where this was taking them.

Me?” she scoffed sarcastically. “You don’t talk to me for weeks, and now that you’re ready, it’s my fault?!”

“What do you want me to do about it now?”

“Nothing,” she spat. “Absolutely nothing.” She turned her back to him. “But that’s what you’re good at, isn’t it?”

“What are you saying?” he demanded, still annoyed. “What do you want from me?”

“What do you think I want?” she retorted.

He opened his mouth to give a childish response.

She didn’t give him a chance to reply, pressing her lips hard against his cold ones. Her arms wound around his neck, keeping him there. He was caught off guard, but found himself pressing back, if only for a minute or so.

“I can’t be with you,” he said, once she pulled away.

“What do you mean?” she asked, her confidence faltering.

“Kira, I mean…you’re not…” He sighed. “You’re not a vampire.”

“So?” she demanded stubbornly.

“It’s not right.”

“So it’s fine when we we’re fucking, but now that I want commitment, it’s immoral?” she challenged. She laughed humorlessly. “Typical male.”

“It’s not like that. stop trying to make it out to be-”

“No, I get it, Pete. I know exactly what this is about,” she said, eyes shining and glossy. She brushed past him, not speaking until she’d opened the door.

“Kira-” he tried to reason.

“Hanna won’t ever love you back,” she said meanly. “And you’ll never get your revenge on Beckett,” she added, not bothering to turn around before slamming the door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Classes tomorrow = less writing time. Grr...

Thanks: Parker Kilgannon, manicmonday(I had fun, but my videos came out bad; I used my sister's camera cuz mine broke the day before : / ), secrets-that-die, Jordi23, & LoveTheLifeYouLive.