‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Deal With

Jack quickly headed back to their hideout a little over an hour later.

“Where’s Kira?” he asked Zack and Rian, who stood at their hideout’s gates, on guard for Wentz, most likely.

“Alex is dealing with her,” Rian replied.

“Shit!” he exclaimed, interrupting. He shoved past them and inside.

He began searching every room.

All were empty and all that remained were the bedrooms on the top floor.

He grabbed a few wooden stakes from a storage closet, just in case.

“Deal with” was Alex’s way of saying-

Well, he didn’t really want to think about that.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Kira knew perfectly well Alex was going to kill her.

And since she already knew, she’d prefer it be on her own terms.

And her terms preferred to leave Pete out of it.

And leaving Pete out of it meant she had lied to him to make him leave.

But it’s not like it mattered either way.

“And now we wait for your boyfriend to return,” Alex stated, pulling her along down the hall, back to her room. “Then I’ll deal with the both of you.”

“You’re wrong. He doesn’t care about me. He won’t come for me, and you won’t get your way.”

“I’m not an idiot, Kira. Do you really think I can’t see your feelings for him?”

“That doesn’t mean he feels the same,” she reminded herself as well as Alex.

“We’ll see,” he replied snidely.

“I told him to say no,” she blurted. “He’s not coming back; he doesn’t think you’ll actually hurt me. I told him you wouldn’t,” she continued, watching his face turn angry. He always had such a short temper.

“I’m tired of your games,” he snarled, forcing her to look at him by his grip on the roots of her hair. Her eyes begged to water at the pain tugging at her scalp.

He forced her down onto the bed, not bothering with formalities before pinning her arms down. She whimpered, feeling as if her arms were about to snap from the force of his strength.

“I should have done this a long time ago,” he said. She cried out in pain as his sharp fangs plunged into her neck. She could feel her energy being drained away as he drank her blood without hesitation.

Her struggles were fruitless; they only rendered her more powerless and weak.

As she continued to lose blood, she realized that she wished she would have said goodbye to Pete.

“No!” a voice suddenly shouted, ripping him off of her just as she started to black out.

His best friend attempted to fight back, but Jack had the advantage by the surprise attack.

Jack felt himself being pulled away and he snarled, jerking his arms away from Zack and Rian.

It was too late; the damage was done.

Alex’s body lay on the floor in front of him, wooden stake sticking out of his chest at an odd angle.

The three stared in shock as their former best friend’s body deteriorated into dust.

“I-I’m sorry,” Jack stammered to Rian and Zack, as they let go of his arms and saw what Jack had done.

“He was out of control,” Zack assured him, but he looked skeptically shaken up. It was as if Alex’s death had woken them out of their trance he seemed to have over them ever since they became vampires.

Blindly loyal to Alex’s charisma.

It was how Jack had been, when he didn’t know any better. Before they found Kira, that is.

“You have to get her somewhere safe,” Rian nodded towards Kira’s lifeless body on the bed. “Her pulse is slow,” he added, as he checked her wrist and tried to stem the trickles of blood running down her neck.

Jack scooped her up in his arms and ran from the room.

He silently begged her to fight for a little while more, until he got to their destination.

Not even the smell of her flowing blood could distract him right now.

He wouldn’t let it.

...he wouldn’t be able to handle losing another best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
About 4 more chapters left...

Thanks: Parker Kilgannon, maccaveen, secrets-that-die, glitter and gold, Al. Why. Sun., & manicmonday.