‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

If She Lives

He tried to get in, but the door was locked.

The noise his attempts were making must have caught someone’s attention.

A beautiful vampire opened the door. Her eyes widened at the sight of Kira.

“Patrick!” Hanna called immediately.

“Please help,” Jack choked out. A human he’d never seen appeared in the doorway as well. He didn’t have a reason to think he’d help, but this was his only resort. “She’s my best friend, you have to help me, please.” He could feel the corners of his eyes itch with tears and he didn’t care if they saw.

“Bring her in,” Patrick immediately said, stepping aside to let him in and quickly leading Jack to the small room that served as the infirmary.

Patrick instructed Jack to lay her on the bed.

“Has she been conscious?” he asked, checking her faint pulse. He pressed gauze to her bleeding neck.

“In and out of it,” Jack replied, swallowing the dry lump in his throat and chewing on his lip nervously. “Will she be okay?” he asked.

“It’s hard to say,” Patrick admitted honestly, as he quickly attended to her other wounds.

“We’re leaving to find her, what’s taking so-”Pete abruptly barged into the room, eyes filling with panic at the sight in front of him.

“What happened?” he demanded. Patrick obviously had no answer and Jack couldn’t compose himself enough to explain and instead buried his face in his hands.

She mumbled a few incoherent phrases in her semi-conscious state.

Pete, uncharacteristically concerned, rushed over to her side.

“Kira. Kira, please. Stay awake for me.”

Her eyes fluttered open at the sound of his voice and she gave a weak laugh that turned into a cough.

“Would you mind telling me what is so fucking funny?” he growled in half-annoyance and half-relief that she was still conscious, albeit the smirk playing on her lips.

“You,” she croaked, what looked like a smile taking over her now-pale face. “You actually…care…about me, Wentz. I-I knew it…you…stubborn asshole.”
And she still managed to be mocking when she was bedridden. He rolled his eyes in response.

“Yeah, well…don’t let it get to your head,” he replied gruffly, scratching the back of his neck in slight embarrassment before backing away. She gave a small smile, but it quickly faded as her eyes closed as well.

“You-” she stopped suddenly, her head falling onto her chest, pulse slowing, and limbs going limp.

“What happened?” Pete demanded of Patrick in alarm. “Wake her up.”

“She’s lost a lot of blood already,” Patrick said, a hint of panic in his voice as he checked her almost non-existent pulse yet again.

“So take mine,” he blurted out. Patrick hesitated. “Well? What are you waiting for?”

“We need blood. What I mean is…you don’t drink human blood, Pete.”

“I’ll do it,” another voice interrupted, watching from the doorway.

“Wait. Doesn’t that mean-”

“It doesn’t matter, Pete. If she lives, she’ll be a vampire anyway. She can have my blood,” Hanna pointed out.

If she lives.

“Take my blood, Patrick,” Hanna interrupted once more. “If you give her pure human blood, especially yours, she’ll thirst for it even more later,” she pointed out reasonably. “Then it wouldn’t be safe for you to treat her properly.”

Patrick hesitated skeptically.

“I just hunted last night, Patrick. I’ll be fine.” She extended her smooth, pale arm to him, waiting expectantly.

“Hurry, then. We don’t have much time. You two have to leave, we don’t have a lot of room,” he said, nodding at Jack and Pete.

They left hesitantly but obediently.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

The moments while waiting for Kira’s fate to be known were tense and painfully slow.

Patrick had left the room a few times, only to request that Pete make some of his mixture.

Whether it was for Kira or Hanna, Pete didn’t know.

Pete, Jack, Brendon, Andy, and Joe were gathered in the room of the warehouse that served as the living room for all intensive purposes.

Jack fidgeted while Pete was as still as a stone and Brendon studied his hands. Andy and Joe shot each other nervous and uncomfortable glances at the obvious tension in the atmosphere.

They all looked up when Patrick entered the room.

“She’ll be fine,” he announced. Both Jack and Pete instinctively rose. “But you can’t see her. She needs her rest,” Patrick informed them, and they sat back down.

Patrick began to head in the direction of his bedroom.

All the efforts he’d put into helping Kira had left him exhausted and without sleep.

“Patrick-” Pete stopped him before he made it very far down the hall. “When you said she’s fine, what exactly-”

Patrick frowned slightly, knowing Pete's reaction.

“She’s a vampire now, Pete,” he said. “I’ve been giving her your blend so she won’t get thirsty and hurt anyone.”

He left Pete standing blankly in the hallway.

It was exactly what Pete had feared.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wonder if some of you will still hate Hanna when this is through. : )

A million thanks: maccaveen, Parker Kilgannon, secrets-that-die, Al. Why. Sun., manicmonday, glitter and gold, & LoveTheLifeYouLive.