‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Forgiveness: The End

The wind whipped around him, disheveling his hair and making a whirling sound that resonated in his ears.

He stood on the lonely edge of the cliff, wishing he were mortal yet again.

Then, with a simple step off the edge, all his problems would be at their end.

A part of him wanted to take the leap regardless; just to see what would happen.

If he was lucky, maybe a tree branch would get him in the heart on the way down.

He closed his eyes and breathed out slowly.

Ready.

The wind was even stronger now; he could feel its force on his back, as if it were telling him to let go and take the step.

To run away from his problems like he always did.

“Pete.” A familiar voice pierced the wind’s howling before he could make the decision to do it.

“How did you find me?” he questioned, not turning around to face her yet.
Instead of letting himself fall off the cliff, he opened his eyes and sat down with his legs dangling off the edge.

“You’re a bit predictable,” she informed him, sitting next to him. “And I know you better than you give me credit for.” He sighed openly.

“Maybe,” he shrugged. They sat silently for a long time before she broke it.

“Tell me something,” she said, closing her eyes and letting the wind hit her face refreshingly.

“What?” he asked flatly.

“I don’t know. Something. Anything. We haven’t talked in such a long time. I do miss it, even though I know you don’t think I do.” She gave him a few minutes to decide.

“I’m so sick of this,” he sighed. “Nothing ever changes, Hanna. Either someone’s after me or after someone I care about. And now Kira’s stuck with it forever. Why is she so Goddamn happy about it?”

“There’s nothing you can do or could have done to change it.”

“I could have-”

“What, gone back in time to prevent her from meeting Gaskarth in the first place? It was going to happen eventually, Pete. Didn’t you know that? She knew what she was getting into. And Alex was always going to change her, if not kill her. You sure as hell would have never changed her.”

He opened his mouth, but shut it again. He knew she was right. He’d never willingly force his lifestyle upon someone else, least of all someone he cared for.

“Thank you,” he said.

“For what?” she asked, surprised.

“Saving her.”

“What, Pete? You really thought I’d leave her to die? Have I really become that heartless in that twisted head of yours?” she rolled her eyes and gave a humorless laugh. “You care about her, it’s pretty obvious.”

“Yeah, well, that doesn’t really matter now, does it? I fucked my chance. She won’t want me anymore.”

“Of course she will,” Hanna stated confidently. “Sometimes, you just have to forgive people, you know? She’ll forgive you.”

“On the topic of forgiveness…I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“I forgive you,” she replied. “I’m sorry,” she echoed.

“And I forgive you,” he said. She smiled.

“That’s all I wanted,” she informed him. “You know, that blend of yours isn’t tasting that bad these days…I’m so sick of hunting.” He smiled faintly.

They saw the distant reddish orange tint of the horizon that told them it was time to seek shelter for the day.

She stood up, looking down at him.

“Let’s go home,” she said, holding out her hand to help him up. “I’m sure Kira’s still waiting for you to stop being a dick.” He stared up at her for a few silent seconds, and then couldn’t help a grin breaking out on his face.

“I was a jerk, wasn’t I?” he asked, taking hold of her hand to pull himself up.

“Complete jackass,” Hanna agreed, grinning back.

“Do you think she’ll forgive me?” he asked, as they made their way back towards the city. “Do you think she’ll take me back?”

Hanna smiled encouragingly back at him.

“Well, you have eternity to make it up to her...”
♠ ♠ ♠
The End!

Thank you thank you: Parker Kilgannon, glitter and gold, manicmonday, secrets-that-die, & LoveTheLifeYouLive.

Also, thanks to everyone else for reading/commenting/subscribing. It means alot!

Happy Halloween! Go party and stuff!