‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

A New Low

He woke with a start at his unfamiliar surroundings.

She was still asleep next to him, covers low around her back and face in her pillow.

The moonlight from the window made the bare skin of her back seem to glow.

It was night again; he was free, and he didn’t have time to stay to exchange pleasantries or meaningless morning-after small talk. Or in this case, night-after…

He began re-dressing himself silently so he could leave before she woke up.

Once he was fully dressed, he walked over to the door, not even looking back at her before placing his hand on the door knob.

“Where are you going?” she asked suddenly, and he whipped around in surprise.

She was sitting at the edge of the bed, still unclothed, watching him intently.

He stared blankly, not knowing what to say, his eyes unintentionally running down her bare body.

“My eyes are up here, Wentz,” she said sharply, before getting of the bed and pulling on a shirt from the dresser. He met her gaze rather guiltily. “So, where were you headed?” she asked again, turning back to her dresser to finish getting dressed.

“Nowhere important,” he mumbled.

Truth was, he didn’t know exactly where he was going.

Last resort, he could go back to the warehouse. Looking back on his actions the other night, running away was a childish and rash decision.

He was a coward. Running away from his problems. From Brendon. From Hanna.

This was a new low, even for him.

“If it’s nowhere important, then I’m sure you won’t mind me coming with,” she said. It was a statement with a question lightly hinted at somewhere towards the end.

“I don’t even know your name,” he realized, scoffing. He shook his head at himself.

“Kira,” she said, extending her hand. He didn’t take it and instead childishly crossed his arms.

Even her Goddamn name sounded similar to hers.

“I can’t trust you,” he pointed out. “You’re a hunter. You tried to kill me. I don’t care if you end me, but I won’t bring you to my friends.”

“Going back to your friends, are you?” she asked, and he could have slapped himself for letting that small but significant detail slip. He just growled in response.

“It doesn’t matter. We don’t need hunters right now; the Dandies are gone.”

“I’m sure I could be of some use,” she insisted.

He could think of only one thing she could be of use for, but he didn’t dare say it out loud.

He wanted to say that the only thing she’d be good for was for the sex.

But what would that smart-ass remark earn him?

He just growled again before storming out, not waiting to see her reaction.

But he wasn’t rid of her so easily; she was at his side, speed-walking to keep up with his fast pace.

He felt a twinge of annoyance before another feeling took it over, and the softer side of himself slowed his walking pace so she could easily keep up.

It felt nice to have someone on his side...for once.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized I never mentioned that another band will be featured later in this story, but I'm not saying which because it would give everything away. They were not in the prequel, but you're welcome to guess. ; )

Thank you:shmileysRkewl, maccaveen, secrets-that-die, CallusedSilk, Beware! Eleanor!, LivinDeadGirl, silver-rose-forever, & manicmonday.

Your comments make me smile. : D