‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Girlfriend

“Where do you think he could be?” Hanna questioned Patrick, who shrugged helplessly.

“We shouldn’t worry. It’s not the first time,” he reasoned.

“It’s my fault, isn’t it?” she asked in a small voice.

“It’s not your fault,” Brendon reassured her, wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing the side of her head.

“He’s never been gone this long,” Joe pointed out. “You don’t think-”

“The sunlight burned him?” Andy finished doubtfully.

“Why would you say things like that?” she burst out.

“Hanna. I’m sure he’s fine. Pete can take care of himself,” Patrick stated. “It’s happened before.”

“But Joe said-” she began.

“Hanna, Joe’s an idiot. Don’t listen to him.” Joe scowled at Patrick but kept his mouth shut.

It was quiet in the warehouse. Sisky, Michael, and the Butcher had left the warehouse to find Mike and reconcile themselves to the only vampire that had remained loyal to William until the end. And also, although no one would say so out loud, they had most likely gone away in order to mourn the passing of their former best friend in peace, as well.

Ryan and Spencer used their newfound freedom to return to their hometown, and Jon had accompanied them. Gabe and his clan had done the same, returning to their “lives” before the mess.

Brendon had obviously stayed for Hanna, who didn’t want to leave, but obviously had no safe haven besides the now-abandoned Dandy manor.

They sat in weary silence until it was broken by the sound of the gate and then the entrance door opening.

They all got up simultaneously, gathering in the entry hall as Pete appeared in the doorway.

She hesitated to greet him; he had ignored her and Brendon since his last night in the manor, and she knew he was obviously still angry at her.

Patrick opened his mouth to speak, but stopped as a girl stepped in behind him and then they all stared blankly.

“Who are you?” Joe asked bluntly, forgetting whatever was left of his manners.

“She-” Pete began, after a few seconds’ pause.

“I’m his girlfriend,” she stated without hesitation.

Everyone else just continued to stare in blank confusion, including Pete.

“Girlfriend?” Patrick repeated, voicing all their combined disbelief.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah, I still have prewritten chapters, but I have a bit of writer's block after that, even though I know what I'm doing with the plotline. : /

Thanks: Beware! Eleanor!, CallusedSilk, secrets-that-die, maccaveen, silver-rose-forever, shmileysRkewl, & manicmonday.

: )