‹ Prequel: Baby, We Have Eternity
Status: Last chapter will be posted on Halloween!

I'm Half-Doomed and You're Semi-Sweet

Apology

Pete watched from the kitchen table as Brendon and Hanna passed through, hand in hand.

He looked away as she tried to catch his glance and she gripped Brendon’s hand tighter as they continued down the hall and out of the kitchen, most likely to hunt.

He sensed Kira’s presence somewhere behind him but paid it no mind and concentrated on finishing his blend instead.

She waited until he had downed it to speak.

“Wow. You’re actually jealous.”

“What did you say?” he snarled, spinning around to face her. His anger flared up at her accusation, even though it was somewhat true. She stared back, not scared in the least by the edges of his irises turning red.

“You’re jealous of what Brendon and Hanna have,” she stated calmly. “You shouldn’t be. Don’t you know that’s what did Beckett in?” He growled involuntarily at the memory of that day. “Oh, right. You were there.”

She didn’t speak for a few minutes and he was grateful, otherwise he might have-

“You loved her, didn’t you?” she suddenly blurted out. His anger overtook him and his eyes flashed crimson as he glared at her. He saw a glimmer of fear in her eyes as his clouded over completely in red.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about,” he snarled. “You don’t know anything. Why don’t you just leave? Stop butting into other people’s business. Maybe that’s why you don’t fucking have friends!”

“You arrogant bastard,” she snapped, catching him off guard. “You don’t know the first thing about me. You have no idea what I’ve been through, so don’t you dare talk down to me.”

She glared at him in angry determination, her jaw set, fear gone from her expression.

They glared for a few minutes before he spoke.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled his apology, backing down as his eyes faded to dark brown once again.

“Apology accepted,” she said, hiding her surprise that she had managed to acquire such a sincere apology from him.

They fell into silence again.

He found himself studying her as she leafed through the newspaper Patrick always left on the table.

She had stood up to him.

The only other one willing to do that had been Hanna, but that had been ages ago, when they hadn’t really known each other.

It was strange and unsettling that she reminded him of Hanna in this way.

“What?” she asked, feeling the weight of his stare, eyes flickering up from the paper to meet his.

“Nothing,” he replied hastily. “Nothing at all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the filler. Things pick up in the next few chapters.

Thanks: CallusedSilk : ) , secrets-that-die, Beware! Eleanor!, maccaveen xD, shmileysRkewl haha, silver-rose-forever (just a few more chapters, be patient :D), & manicmonday.