The Battle of Life and Death

The "New" Life

Ashley's View

I sat at the small vanity set that was placed in the far corner of my over sized room. Since over four month’s ago, since Nicolette and I had received news of our “mission” to take out the Halliwell boys. Ever since we had been surfaced from the underworld, Nicolette and I had gotten close to the Halliwell boys, and even I had began to get feelings for Chris Halliwell..

***

I stood leaned against the marble counter, that circled around the stove in our over sized kitchen. I held my skull bone coffee mug, as I drank a little coffee. I let a sigh escape my lips, as I looked toward the doorway to my sister enter the kitchen.

“Morning.” Nicolette says.

“Morning.” I say.

I pour what little coffee was in my mug down the sink, as I sit my cup in the sink. I turn as I grab my purse off the island in the middle of the kitchen, as I toss it onto my shoulder, as I began to exit the back door.

“Where you off to?” Nicolette asks.

“Work. Someone has to keep up appearance’s and money.” I say.

“See ya.” Nicolette says.

I roll my eyes as I jerk the door open, stepping out onto the patio, as I slam the door shut behind me. I quickly make my way toward my car, as I open the door up, and slid in, preparing to head to work…

***

I sat behind my desk, as I heard a small, but, hard knock come upon my office door. I quickly looked up from the paper work, as I noticed Chris standing there. I couldn’t help but to smile a small smile.

“Hey Chris.” I say.

“Hey. Ashley.”

“What are you up to today?” I ask.

“Same old same old. Um…I…Came by to see if maybe sometime, you would like…to… um… get some coffee with me?” Chris stutters out.

“I would love to. Let me finish this up, and we could right now.” I say.

“Great!”

I quickly finished up my work, as I shut everything off at my desk, as I grabbed all my things, and I walked over to Chris as we began to leave…

***

I sat at the small table, on the street sidewalk, as I smiled toward Chris, before taking a sip of my French vanilla cappuccino. I crossed my left leg over my right one, as I leaned forward a little, placing my elbows onto the small, white, table. I sat there a moment, before my cell phone began to go off, as I let a sigh escape out of my, shinny lips.

“One sec.” I say.

I quickly lean toward my purse, as I grab my red cell phone out, placing it up to my ear, answering. “Hello?”

“Where are you?” Nicolette asks.

“Why?” I ask.

“We are needed. They want a update.”

“A update this early?” I ask.

“Yes. Hurry your ass up with Chris, and get home.”

“How did you know?” I ask.

“Some thing’s a sister knows.”

“Later.” I spit.

I toss my phone into my over sized black and red bag, as I let a sigh escape my lips once more, as I looked at Chris, with a sad look upon my face.

“I am really sorry. That was the office. I have to go.” I say quickly rising to my feet, tugging my bag over my shoulder, as I rush off…

***

I sat on the sofa in our living room, as I looked at Nicolette, as she paced back and fourth in front of the fire place.

“What if they, find you about your feelings toward Chris?”

“Let them.” I say.

“Ash. They’ll kill us, let alone, kill Chris and the rest of them.”

“They aren’t going to find out, nor are they going to do anything. Calm down Nikki!” I say calmly as I could.

“Ok.”

I rise up to my feet as I look at her, smiling a reassuring smile to her. As I began to return to my seat, we were summed to the underworld….

***

After we gave our demon lord, our update on everything, we were sent back to the surface. I couldn’t had been more happier to be back on the surface, than in the underworld. So much chaos was going on down there, now, since “New” charmed ones were moving in, and other rumors, that were spreading down through the underworld.

**

I sat on my bed, trying to finish up some last minute work things, before I headed off to bed. All I could think about was, Chris, and this “new” charmed stuff, that was spreading like wildfire in the underworld. I shook my head, I was begging to let my feelings get in the way of my job now, my job to take Chris and his family out. Was that something I was willing to do? Something I could do? I shook it off as I finished up, placing my laptop on my night table, as I shut my lamp off. I slid back into my nice, comfortable, satin sheets, as I began to drift into a deep, dark slumber….
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. Sorry this is late, and Sorry if it's so short. I have writer's block sooo it was so hard to come up with what I did.!

Anyways! Comment's would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!