One Thousand Words Might Bring You Back

One Thousand Words Might Bring Youi Back

"Sera... I miss you. And, I guess I just wanted you to know that... that I still love you."

That was the 15th time Tom had called his ex-girlfriend in the past hour. But desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

As the story usually goes, Tom did something horribly wrong, Sera found out, she ended the relationship.

Well, for once, this wasn't the case.

Sera cheated on Tom heartlessly, and said she couldn't live with herself for doing so, said she didn't deserve someone like him, and broke up with him because she hurt him.

That hurt him even worse than the cheating.

He forgave her.

She didn't care.

"I dunno what to do... Can't bring myself to forget you... I'll do whatever I have to... To bring you back here to me..."

Tom scribbled the words he spoke down. As always, whatever bad situation happened to him, it was immortalized and vaulted. But this time, he was determined he would fix the problem rather than just sing about it.

"Sera... I worry about you. It's not like you to turn your phone off. Then again, maybe you did it because I'm acting like a teenage stalker."

He hung up again.

"I know I don't have much time... I hope you know I didn't lie... Rhyming isn't something I lack... One thousand words might bring you back..."

Tom scribbled those down, too.

After 10 more phone calls, one sob session, two shots tossed back, an anger break, a heartless mode, and 5 minutes with Mark, he'd finished it.

He'd found a way to captivate Sera once again... he hoped.

He called her one last time.

"Sera, forget about all the other messages. This one will blow you away. Call me if it does. If not, I'll forget I ever knew you."

He proceeded to sing what he considered the best song he'd ever written... maybe because it solely held his life's future.

Then... he waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

In the time being, he continued to become abeautiful horrid mess.

*ring ring*

*ring ring*


He dashed to the phone.

"Yes? Hello? Tom here."

A garbled voice came through the reciever.

"Look *static* out your *buzzing* front dooooor."

He gave his phone a puzzled look, and the caller hung up.

He headed to the front door and opened it. A body jumped onto him and held tight.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"I'msosososososofuckingsorryiloveyoooou!"

The person hugged even tighter.

"S-Sera?"

"Oh, baby, I don't deserve someone like you. I love you so much and I was so so stupid and I swear it will never happen again and---"

Tom pulled her away and crushed her lips with his own.

"Baby, it's me who doesn't deserve someone like you."

Sera looked at him funny.

"But, Tom, I hurt you like hell. You didn't deserve that."

"Sera, you taught me something from all this."

"Meaning?"

"You taught me to fight for what I want. And one thousand words brought you back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Gay? No. Corny? Maybe. But sappy? Ohhhh yeahhhh.

Originally written on my quizilla account.

Original post date wasss: 8/19/07 (August 19th, 2007)