Deuhurst

Who's There?

“Hadley go and get Dave the youth worker please” Lara whispered incapable of doing so herself. I was still standing still incapable of moving I was frozen. Nothing like this had ever happened before; we had been going to space for about 2 years now and never heard anything from the old butchers shop. A scream let rip again. Higher pitched then a banshee, I looked at Lara her face stricken with fear and worry. I could see my reflection in her glossy eyes, my worry reflecting off that which I saw in her eyes. I looked around and no one seemed to hear the scream, they carried on as normal, chatting, smoking and socializing. It’s as if nothing had happened, I was standing looking down on my best mates worried face, scared for the both of us. Suddenly her face changed, I saw it change from fear into horror stricken. Her eyes widened, her mouth drew a silent gasp and I knew something was happening behind me. I didn’t want to turn around but I had to it could be the only way to save myself, yet it could be what killed me. I pivoted on my heals and looked directly behind me, it was nothing. Then why was Lara’s face so stricken? I looked over at her again and saw her arm slowly point out towards the top of the shutters. Slowly, sacredly I spun back around and looked up at the place she was pointing at. Crimson red liquid was dripping out of the shutters slowly. I knew that colour anywhere. That shade of crimson was the colour of blood. I sniffed the air around us and all that could be smelt was the smell of rotting flesh. ‘Lara?’ I spoke softly and quietly even over the loud music.
‘Mmhmm,’
‘What’s happening? I’m really confused!’
‘Haven’t you been paying attention?’
‘Yeah. But still, I can’t make sense of it all.’
‘Well, I knocked on the shutters and something or someone knocked back leaving a dent in the metal, and now blood is oozing from the joint in the shutters.’ She recalled with as little detail as possible. Tonight was a night that was going to change our lives. I wasn’t sure how or why yet, I didn’t even know if it would be good or not all I knew is that it would be a terrifying and frightful event.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry about length i have a lack of imagination atm..
SORRY xx