Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 1: Meeting Lou

I groaned and shook my pink and blue dreadlocks from my face. Getting irritated with them I pulled them back into a messy pony tail. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my dreads it’s just at about six thirty in the morning there are nicer hair cuts to have. I looked in the bus mirror and pulled a face. As Gee had said once, I’m allowed to be sick of my face, ‘cos it’s my fucking face. And I was sick of my face. The trade mark Way eyes – brown. My freckles. My nose. Ugh. It wasn’t smeared across my face – I took better care of myself than that. But I wasn’t a model. Why did I have to work security? Just because I did kick boxing. I removed the spikes from my three ear piercings and the spike from my nose piercing. I had them done to detract from the fact I was bored of myself. Every day seeing the same face, it was boring. I was considering gauging my ears. But Gee was freaked out enough by the wholes in my face as it was. I put them in their little pots and wrote a note to Frank.

“You touch my spikes and I will insert them in uncomfortable places. Love Lou. Xxx”

It had worked last time. I dressed in the necessary black trousers and black “Warped Tour” tee. I pulled on my black and red chucks and applied make up to myself. I exited the bus bathroom and entered the bunk room.

I looked at Frank lying sprawled out in his bed. For a guy four inches shorter than me, he sure did take up a lot of space! He was my inspiration for filling my body with ink. Mikey didn’t count, because I got my tatts before he and Alicia got theirs. I loved my tatts. I had the logo for “Maybe Memories” over my heart and a taped together heart just above my ass with “My Used Romance” written in gothic font beneath it. I grabbed my ID badge and attached it to the studded belt holding my jeans up.

I stood on my bunk and shook my oldest brother, “Gee. C’mon wake up.” I hissed in his ear. I shook him harder, “Jesus, bro. You wanna have the water wake up?” I threatened. I knew he was awake – we did this every day when I toured with them.
He sat up straight and smacked his head on the ceiling. He knew me well – I wasn’t joking. “Fuck.” He glared at me. “You could wake me up nicer.”

I held my hands up, “Yo, bro. Not my job to straddle you and snog you awake.” I stepped away from him and turned to Mikey.

“I hate travelling with my sister.” Gee mumbled, “Hey! You’re only twenty four. You shouldn’t be thinking about that sort of thing!”

I rolled my eyes. What is it with older brothers? I mean, sure he’s thirty and he’s six years older than me, but I’m not an innocent. I spend my life travelling with them. “Mikes, c’mon bro. Up. Now.” I shook him harder and paused taking hold of his blankets, “The blankets are gonna get shoved in the loo and then draped back over you.” I warned him, I yanked them off him and he fell off his bunk onto me. “Jesus, Mikey.” I mumbled from under him. “Get the fuck off of me! Steve aint gonna like it if I’m late ‘cos of you again.”

Mikey hopped off me. “I’m up!” I laughed. “What? Steve’s like six foot nine!” Mikey yelped as he ran into the bathroom.

I shook my head and peeled myself from the floor. “See y’all later, boys.”

“Have you made breakfast?” Frank mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m not your fucking mother, Frank. I’m here to work. I know that’s a new concept to you, but some of us aren’t in breakthrough bands.” I left the bus and headed to the stadium for another day of checking tickets and splitting up fights.

I enjoyed my job, but it was monotonous. I didn’t meet many nice people. And besides, my brothers never toured with the one band I was really interested to meet. The only band that I was truly working this tour for: Avenged Sevenfold.

I’d had a thing for Synyster Gates for years now. Gee and Mikey had always thought I liked Zacky V. They always warned my about him and considered about only letting me do merch this tour. Little do they know.