Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 11: Prep For A Party.

*Lou's POV*

I was nervous about this party. Really nervous. Normally I didn’t care. I mean, they were all my friends. The MCR guys regularly saw me with bed hair and in pyjama’s. The Used were like an extension of my family – I often went to stay with Jeph and Bert was a love.

I didn’t know A7X. I did know they partied. I know that The Used and MCR party hard too, but I was fairly sure that it would be me and Gee the only sober ones the next day. Gee didn’t drink because of his alcoholism and I didn’t drink around Gee because that way I’d be able to help Gee look after the others.

“Lou, you’ll be fine!” Frank snapped at me, as I pouted in the mirror once more. I looked at me, worry etched into my eyes.

“You think? You don’t think it’s too little?” I looked at myself once more, my dreads falling over my shoulders, my eyes ringed in black eyeliner and red eye shadow. My nails dark venomous green. An off the shoulder top which was mostly lace. A ripped up black and red checked skirt, fishnets and docs. A big studded belt and chains keeping the skirt up.

Frank giggled a little, but shook his head. He chucked a studded choker at me, before doing it up. “You look like you mean business. They won’t know what’s hit them.” I raise an eyebrow, “Because you look beautiful and you smell clean.” I spin round and hug him, laughing. I’d showered (the guys hadn’t) and then tested perfumes on Frankie.

“Thank you Frankie.” I press a kiss to his cheek and smile.

He pats my back, “Go knock ‘em dead in the lounge.” He mumbles. Yep, he’d been helping me dress. He advised on what to wear in my piercings… I had a bat hanging from my lowest ear piercings, with a satanic cross just above and then a little spike. My nose had a little dagger adorning it and I had a spiky, plastic, brightly coloured ball in my tongue.

I entered the lounge and bit my lip, slightly smudging my blood red lipstick. Bob and Ray’s jaws dropped. Mikey looked up from the PSP and dropped the remote.

“Go and get dressed.” Gee told me.

My eyes narrowed, “I am dressed.”

“That skirt is more whole than material. Go and dress.”

“No.” I pause, “If you don’t wanna party with me dressed like this, then I’m happy to go clubbing by myself.”

“She’s fine, Gee.” Mikey pipes up. “No – one’ll try anything on her. I mean, everyone knows she works Security.” I smile at Mikey and blow him a kiss. “Besides I can’t see anyone trying anything on her… I mean she’s Lou. She doesn’t…” Mikey trails off but his meaning’s clear.

“Run, Mikey. Don’t stop.” I threaten him.

He looks at me and then thinks about what he’s said. “Oh Shit. Lou I didn’t mean that… I’m just gonna go now.”

I nod. “Wise move, little man.”

He takes off towards The Used bus; I count to five and then take off after him, grabbing my beaten leather jacket. He sees me behind him as he reaches the door, “Open the fuck up!” He shrieks. “Lou’s gonna beat my ass!! Open UP!! I don’t wanna die! I’m too young and beautiful to die!!” Mikey shrieks hysterically.

Bert opens the door, looking confused, “Mikey…” he looks at me and grabs Mikey’s arm. He yanks him into the bus and pushes him out the way. “Come here, Lou! Give us a hug!!” He shrieks in ecstasy all thoughts of being Mikey’s saviour forgotten, he hops off the bus and opens his arms wide.

I laugh and jump into his arms, wrapping my legs round his body. “Mikey’s such a girl.” I giggle into his shoulder.

He nods, “The party’s starting without you.” He tells me, carrying me into the bus. He drops me on the floor before saying, “Lady and Gentlemen, this…” He pauses, “Wait… is that a tattoo?” He shrieks as I nod.

“HARLOT” Mikey shrieks from behind a sofa.

I laugh, “Hi.” I wave at the crowd, before shedding my jacket, “I’m Lou. Mikey’s my older brother. I have two tattoos… one over my heart. That one’s a hanged heart. The other is a broken but fixed heart with some writing.” I turn round and show them, briefly lifting my top. I turn back round and look up from lighting a cigarette and see 5 extra pairs of eyes. One pair of brown eyes, slightly wider than the others.