Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 17: I'm Flying Without Wings

*Lou's POV*

My hand was all bandaged up and I was given some nice painkillers that made me as high as kite. Bri just laughed as I pretended to fly round the first aid tent. The poor first aid – er running around after me, desperately trying to make me sit down so they could try and rectify their mistake. Supposedly Advil isn’t supposed to make you feel like you can fly.

Once I’d come down from my high and was given some painkillers that simply killed the pain, and not react with my limited sanity, Bri and I set off the remnants of the party. And I mean the remnants. We turned up outside The Used bus to see Gee carry a very drunk Rachel down the steps and hear no music.

I turned to Bri, “I’m sorry – I made you miss your first Warped party.” He shook his head.

“I spent it with you. That’s all that matters.” I blushed and buried my head in his chest. He wrapped his hands round my waist, and rested his head on mine. I could feel him grimace on my head, and I turned to look. I was in time to see Rachel throw up on Gee.

“Attractive, Rachel.” I mumble to no – one in particular, whilst pulling a disgusted face. “I enjoy partying but not to that extent.” Bri laughs and pats me.

“Me too. But we ought to help Gee.”

I pout, “You know, I don’t know how old you are.” I tell him suddenly.

He looks at me and laughs, “I’m 26 soon.”

“When’s your birthday?”

“July. Stop changing the subject. We have to help Gee.” He tells me.

“If you won’t tell me, someone will.” I reply, moving forward to support Rachel as Gee tries to make her stand up. He strips off his shirt and I pass him Bri’s jumper. Bri picks Rachel.

“Sorry about Rachel. I would offer to clean your shirt, but I’d probably shrink it.” He offers Gee.

Gee shakes his head, “It’s ok. I’ve been puked on before. Thanks for looking after Lou. I would have stopped Rachel, but she wouldn’t listen. I’m not sure she’s been this drunk before.”

Bri nods, “She hasn’t. It’ll be a good lesson to her.” I smile and reach over Rachel to kiss Bri good night.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, when I come to check on Rach.” I tell him. “If that’s good with you?” He laughs and nods, leaning forwards to kiss me too.

Gee waits patiently for us. As we pull away I smile at Bri and wave. Gee leads me towards the bus.

“I’ll wash your shirt, don’t worry.” I tell him, smiling.

He shakes his head, “It’s ok. I’m glad that you and Bri are good together.”

“Yeah. He laughed when I had an allergic reaction to Advil.” Gee raised an eyebrow, “I thought I could fly. I was running round the first aid tent flapping my arms. Supposedly.” I tell him, trying not to laugh.

Gee gives up and outright laughs at me. “I’m glad that Bri makes you my sis again, you know? It’s more fun this way.”