Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 29: Secrets and Gossip

*Lou's POV*

I shook my head, “No – I have things to tell you.” I pass her a Smirnoff and pour a huge bag of Doritos into a bowl, followed by chocolate into a different bowl. I crack my own Smirnoff open with my teeth and carry all three things into the lounge.

Rachel’s sulking a little about the lack of partying support but I wave the chocolate under her nose and put it on the bolted down coffee table. I switch on the TV and turn it to a proper chick flick, Oceans 13. She drops her guard and sits with me, watching the movie.

As the movie finishes and I’ve brought the case of Smirnoff over, and the case of Barcardi she turns to me, “Alright – what did you need to tell me?”

I sigh, “I have to pee, then I really need to change out of this clothing.” I mumble. She pouts and looks rebellious, “I can tell you in like ten minutes, I promise.” She continues to look dangerous and I sigh, “Can I at least pee first? Please? I’m busting.” She looks disgusted and nods. I throw her a grateful smile and rush to the bathroom.

Once I’m finished I grab my pyjama’s and head back to the lounge. “What’s with the pyjamas?” She asks freaked out.

“You were skeptical about me telling you so I’m gonna change and tell you as I change.” She looks at me, slightly more freaked out, “We’re both girls – we’ve both seen everything before.” I remind her. She shrugs it off slightly and settles down to hear me out.

I pull on the pyjama top and remove my bikini top. “Ok, so Bri and I wandered off to this little park after their show.” She nods, “Where we sat and messed about for hours. It was great.” She rolls her eyes, “And we were playing a mangled form of ‘I Never’.” She raises an eyebrow and I shake my head, “”You dirty girl! We kissed instead of stripped.” She looks relieved and I continue, “And he asked me to date him.”

Her jaw drops, “Gee hasn’t asked me… do you think?”

“I said yes, of course.” I continue regardless, “I do think that he loves you – he’s just got carried away with the fun bits that he’s forgotten the admin.” She laughs at my analogy.

“So what do I do?”

“Phone him.”

“Guys night in…”

“He doesn’t drink.”

“Honest?”

“Honest.”

She gulps and picks up her phone, quickly dialing his number as I change. She looks at me and her eyes widen. She bungs the phone in my direction as she dashes to change.

“Hello?” Came Gee’s worried voice.

“Hey, Gee. Rach phoned to ask you something but she wanted to get something first. OK?” I hear a non committal noise at the end of the phone and then Bri’s voice.

“Hey, babe.”

“Hey. How’s your guys night in?”

“It’s good. We wanted to party outside… but Gee doesn’t drink.”

“Yeah - he went through a lot of shit before he cut out.”

“He’s been telling me.”

“And?”

“And, tonight I’m not drinking.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet.” I coo down the phone, “Oh, I got to go babe. Can you pass back to Gee?”

“Yeah, love you.”

I smirk, “Love you too, babe.” I hand the phone to Rachel and smile encouragingly.