Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 39: No, She's Not Ok.

*Syn’s POV*

I couldn’t quite believe what had happened on the bus… or the way that our down time had been killed by the MCR boys. I wasn’t expecting it to last as long as it had, but I didn’t think it to be disrupted in the way that it was.

I also thought Gerard was stronger than that… he’d given up drinking and he’d promised people about it. He’d broken that promise and worse than that he’d hurt Lou by doing that. I’m not sure I can forgive him for that.

I caught up with her, as she walked away from the car park to our patch of greenery in the middle of town. She was talking quietly to herself as she sat at the tree we’d been sitting by earlier. I just sat slightly to one side, letting her know I was there but not forcing acknowledgement from her.

In time she turned to face me, “Thank you for letting me get that out by myself.” She mumbled to me, as I pulled her into a hug.

“It’s ok. I don’t understand further than Gerard broke his word to you, but I’m here for you, ok?”

She sighed into my chest and snuggled closer, “Gerard used to be an alcoholic, it made him severely depressed and he was very difficult to do anything with. He was killing himself, our family and the band. Once he finally saw the light, that this was killing him and all that was important to him, we supported him in stopping the drink and the drugs. Brian was very understanding and put up with a lot from Gerard in those times. He’s a great manager. Gee made a promise to his fans, himself, me, the band, his family and friends that he wouldn’t drink again. The band all said that they wouldn’t drink in excess either… preferably they’d not drink full stop. Especially around him. Frank was great about it all, he was there 110% of the time for me and Mikey and also Gee. And now Gerard’s fucked it all up and so have the band… the fans will find out and I’ll be held responsible by my parents and Brian and I know that it only takes one moment of madness for the addiction to come back. You can never be a totally reformed alcoholic – the addiction is always there mentally. That was why I admired Gerard so much. He had such a great will power to say “no” when drink was all around him.”

I was shocked… I didn’t think that they’d been through that much shit. But they had. I was slighting discomforted that all this had been told to me, and I’d known Lou such a short time. I wasn’t sure that I’d ever look at the band in the same light. I just held Lou closer and sighed into her hair, “You’re not responsible for them. No – one can blame you for something you have no control over. You can’t look after them all of the time.” I told her, “You have your own life to live. You have people that need some time with you with no – one else there. You can’t give your all to the band. Even without a boyfriend on tour with you I should think you had some time alone, right?” She nodded into my chest, sniffing softly. “Are you smelling me?”

“Yeah. You smell nice and comforting.” I laughed.

“Are you feeling better now?”

“No. I won’t feel better until Gerard bucks his shit up… I can’t believe he did that. He’s gonna have the worst hang over to deal with, and I’m not gonna make it any easier.”