Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 4 : ***ing Animals

Wow, I finally felt I’d made a proper friend, one who understood me, one who could relate to me, I mean sure, I was friends with Zack, Johnny, Rev, Shadows and of course my brother, but for once I had a friend of the same sex, who I could just talk shit with, shit that only females understand.

We were officially halfway through the show and nothing really exciting had happened, the crowd were pretty well behaved, no random people jumping over the barriers or beating each other up.

“I thought this would be a little more interesting” I admitted to Lou, as we stood against the stage, watching our abnormally relaxed crowd.

”It’s normally a lot more hectic, they all look half dead!” Lou replied, giving the crowd a weird look.

“So…we wait until someone gets an urge to jump over the barrier?” I asked

“Pretty much” she sighed.

I shrugged and made my way back to my side of the stage, I nodded my head and tapped my foot to the beat of some Fall Out Boy song while casually watching the crowd, suddenly a glass bottle was launched from somewhere in the crowd, it hit the bands base drum and shattered into a million pieces, I shot Lou an alarmed look and she came jogging over to me.

“Did you see who threw it?” she asked, scanning the crowd

“No, but it came from somewhere over there” I replied, pointing to the left of the crowd, she nodded and ran in the direction I had pointed out, I watched her hoist herself onto the barrier, “Now, who the fuck threw that?” she yelled at the crowd, I saw something move out the corner of my eye and I turned to see what it was, the crowd must have seen a gap once Lou had moved and were now spilling over the barrier, I ran over and began to try and control the crowd, it was impossible to do alone, but I knew Lou had her hands full, the crowd was quickly increasing and I had no choice but to call Lou.

“Lou, help!” I exclaimed, pulling someone off the stage, Lou let go of the guy she had been ‘lecturing’ and ran over to help me.

“They’re fucking animals” Lou yelled, pulling two more guys off the stage, “Call Steve” she instructed, I didn’t hesitate, I pulled my walkie-talkie out my pocket.

“Steve, the crowd’s going fucking insane” I yelled.

“Just get the band off the stage, I’m sending back up” Steve barked. Wow, that sounded so official!

I tucked my walkie-talkie back into my pocket and grabbed Lou’s hand.

“Come on, we gotta get the band off the stage!” I exclaimed, she began to pull herself onto the stage; I made to follow and got elbowed in the face by a fan.

“Oww!!” I yelled, stumbling back, I felt blood gushing from my nose.

“Rachel!” Lou yelled, holding out her hand, I grabbed her hand and allowed her to help me onto the stage.