Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 69: Life Sucks.

*Lou's POV*

I watched Ray walk in laughing and raised an eyebrow, trying to ignore Bri sucking on my pulse. I push him slightly, “I’m thinking.” I tell him as he pouts at me.

“Why are thinking?” He asks, rubbing his hands over my stomach.

“Will you stop being so horny?” I ask him, pushing his hands from my stomach.

He pouts and kisses between my shoulder blades, “I can’t help it!” He defends playfully.

Ray watches us and sighs, “I’ve just sorted out Gee and Rach’s relationship do I need to sort yours too?” He teases us. Both Bri and I give him sarcastic smiles and I stand up with Bri right behind me.

“We’ll be fine, ta Ray.” I tell him as Bri wraps an arm round my waist and plonks a kiss on my head.

“Sure ya will. Because Bri can understand what you’re thinking about.”

“Of course, Ray, you can too, can’t you?” I snap, beginning to loose my cool with him. Why did he suddenly think he was the relationship guru? What the hell was his problem?

“You’re angry because you wanted to know why I was laughing. And now you want to know how I’m the relationship guru.” He tells me promptly. My jaw drops and my eyes widen slightly.

“How the…” He just grins and smirks.

“Not being in a relationship shows me how wrong the rest of you are making it. How much of a hash you are making of them.”

I sigh and shake my head, “Bri and I normally get along fine.”

Ray nods and sits down, pulling me next to him and rubbing my back. “He wants more than you want to give him?” Ray asks softly. I nod slowly, looking down at my knees. I always appeared so confident and full of attitude. In reality I was just a scared little girl in a world too big and complicated for her. “Have you tried talking to him about it?”

I shake my head, “I can’t find the words to tell him.”

“When the time’s right they’ll come. They always do.” He pauses, “It will make or break your relationship you know.” He tells me before pushing me up off the sofa. “Go find him and take him for a walk. We’re moving on tomorrow. It might be best if you tell him sooner rather than later.”

“What happened to the right time?” I ask him hopefully, looking back over my shoulder.

“There isn’t one. You just gotta grab the moment.”

I nod, my heart sinking a little lower. Two people knew of why I was unsure of myself when it came to boys – Frank and Ray. Frank because he beat the crap out of the guy. Ray because he helped me sort Frank out afterwards.

I opened the door to reach the outside world and sighed, tears filling my eyes. Make or break time.

Life sucks.