Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 83: Missing...

*Lou's POV*

No – one partied that evening. Partly because of the break up between Gee and Rach and also because no – one could find Rach after she went for her walk. As the sun set we all began to panic.

My Chemical Romance played on stage and I sat with Bri calming him down. “She’ll turn up when she’s ready.” I tell him multiple times, trying to believe it myself.

Eventually he has to go on stage, although he looks paler and more gaunt than normal. I blow him a kiss and mouth “I love you” to him before turning round to try and active hunt for Rach.

“Lou!” Gee shouted at me as I headed into the MCR bus for a hoody, a jacket, my phone and my wallet. I might need a taxi back.

I turn to him, “Yes?”

“You going to find Rach?” He asks, suddenly and I know it’s not the real reason he called to me. I nod anyway.

“Yeah. I know the town round here quite well. And she’s not exactly hard to miss, is she?” I tell him, trying honesty. He nods slowly.

“I’d like to come too.”

“No.” I tell him, “You’d get mugged by teenies, and if she does want to see you – she can come here.” I pause and rest a hand on his chest, “I’d love you to come with me, but Rach might not be ready to meet up with you or see you.”

He nods slowly. “I was gonna say that I’m sorry I continuously come between you and Syn – I never mean it to happen… and then you do something grown up and I see my little sister… and I get so lost and confused.” I nod at his mangled attempt at explaining himself.

“It’s ok, Gee. You just have to understand that you missed out on the “me growing up stage” and now I am a woman – very much in love with someone.” I turn round to the door, zipping my jacket over my hoody, “I have to get someone home before Bri gets off stage.”

Gee nods and smiles at me, “Good luck.”

“I might just need it.” I mumble under my breath to myself. I head slowly out towards the stage, guessing that Rach would wander that way and over the fence. She wasn’t predictable – but I’d do the same thing. Part of being someone’s best friend meant that you could read where they’d be. Or guess part of it anyway.

I headed over the fence and into the grey town… why are the all houses the same? I thought to myself, beginning to be creeped out by it. I sigh and see a sweet old lady heading the street towards me, I take a chance and approach her.

“Excuse me!” She turns to face me and raises her eyebrows, “Have you see a girl about my height with long hair – looks like Nancy from The Day Of Our Lives?”

She nods excitedly. “Oh yes, dear. She’s just talking to someone from a phone booth.” She pauses and drops her tone conspiratorially, “She gave me her autograph.” She produces the scrap of paper and it was Rach’s signature.

Wahey, go beginners luck. I smile and had the lady some dollars, “Thank you so much!” I run off down the street in time to see Rach leave the pay phone booth.

“OI!! RACH!!” I shout, she spins round and sees me. I watch an unexpected grin break over her face as she breaks into a run and we end up in a forceful hug, with arms and legs all over the place. “I’m so glad I found you!” I tell her, hugging her tightly. “You have no idea how bad everyone feels.”

She smiles a little bit sheepishly, “I got lost. But don’t tell anyone else.”

I shake my head, “I wouldn’t dream of it.” I turn her gently for home and begin walking, “You fell asleep in the park.” She nods slightly and sighs.

“I’m glad you came to find me. I don’t have any money or my phone or anything on me. So I couldn’t phone to say I was lost. I didn’t like to ask the old lady I met for some spare change…” I nod slowly as she rambles on, guessing that she needed to talk to someone after her solitary hours.

I didn’t mind. The piece of mind to my boyfriend, brother and friends was back. And my best friend was back too. That’s all I cared about. She was back and safe.