Romance on Warped Tour?

Chapter 9: Can You Believe Him?

*Lou's POV*

I couldn’t fucking believe him! I thought I’d shown him that I could look after myself. I’ve been doing it since I was old enough to move out. Gee still lived with mom and dad at 24. I’ve been living on my own for 6 years.

“You don’t fucking own me, Gee! You can’t live my fucking life for me!” I shout at him.

“I’m just trying to look out for you.” He shouts back.

“You’re not my MOTHER!!”

“I don’t want to have to explain to her about why you’re in a fucking coffin at 24!”

I look confused, “Rachel’s nose is bruised. She’s fine. I’m fine. Jesus, Gee – you know me. I don’t break!” I’m not screaming anymore. I was still pissed, but I knew his fear.

He moved closer to me, and hugged me, “I’m so scared for you baby sis. I mean, we get all the security. You don’t get any. You’re 24 – you have years of life before you. I want to see you live till you’re like 90. I don’t wanna bury you!”

I looked into his big brown eyes, he’d really worked himself into some state, I patted his shoulder, “I hate to tell you this, Gee, but you’re turning into Dad.” I shuddered as I thought of the little chat I’d had with my parents before I’d left.

They seemed to think that as the only girl in the family I needed extra protection. I moved out first. I was the one that never broke anything. I did all the jumping out of windows and shit. We all rebelled, but I was the more physical rebel. They’d told me all the horrific tales of riots in crowds and shit… they didn’t understand that I love the Adrenaline rush of a crowd riot. The feeling of victory as you win against the crowd. It’s all an ego boost. I loved it.

Gee waved his hand in front of my face, “Yoohoo! Lou?” He asked.

I shook my head to clear the fog of memories, “Yeah, Gee?”

“Forgive me?”

I shake my head, again, “No. I love this job, Gee. If I can’t work the crowds what can I do?”

He pouts, “But…” He sighs, “I’ll go talk to Steve. Sorry baby sis.” He kisses my cheek.

I laugh and kiss his cheek back, “It’s ok. You have two weeks of me and Rachel hanging about doing sweet FA.”

He rolls his eyes, “Oh great.” He mumbles sarcastically as he takes off, towards the main stage.

I roll my eyes in return, “You know you like her. She likes you. You’re really looking forwards to me and Rachel having pyjama parties on the buses.” I nudge him as we walk together to find Steve.

“I don’t like her.” He mumbles.

“Cha, whatever.” I mumble, “You’re in denial.” I tell him, giving him a push before I run off laughing.