Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

Secrets And Plans

“But I want to stay with you,” Mikey whined, hugging his girlfriend.

“Well I want you to but you can’t. I promised Kat that just me and her would hang out after school,” Kyra replied, “Besides you got Ray, Frank and Gee to muck with.”

“Yeah but they aren’t my girlfriend,” He smiled.

“Well if you’re lucky you might get Frank,” She laughed.

“I should be fine. I can wait til tomorrow I guess. Have fun.”

“We will,” Kyra replied, pecking her boyfriend on the lips before walking off with Kat.

The pair went back to her cousin’s apartment, where Kyra stood in the kitchen while Kat sat on a stool on the opposite side of the counter.

“So, I think my cousin has a boyfriend,” Kyra said.

“Don’t you mean girlfriend?” Kat replied.

“No. Boyfriend.”

“Your cousin is gay?”

“I think-”

Kyra was cut off by the ringing of the phone. She gestured for one moment and answered the phone. Kyra didn’t talk. There was no need to. She knew exactly who was on the other end of the line. Her hands dropped the phone and she bent down, picking the phone up as if she were clumsy. On the way back up she hung up.

"Hey, is something wrong, who did you just hang up on?" Kat asked.

“Err…Nobody. Just a wrong number. You know, we’ve been getting a lot of those lately,” Kyra said, trying to cover her tracks.

"Kyra, why don't I believe you? Is something wrong with one of they guys?"

“Pfft. Of course nothing is wrong Kat,” She laughed nervously, “Want a drink?”

"Kyra, you know if something is wrong you can tell me right... And no, I don't want a drink. I want to know why you're lying to me."

"I'm not lying. What makes you think I’m lying?"

"Kyra, I can tell. Now will you stop with the act? You're starting to scare me. Do I need to call Mikey. I mean would you rather tell him what’s up?" Kat asked, reaching for the cell in her pocket.

"No, no, no, no! He doesn't need to know anything.”

"So, than are you going to tell me? I will find out either way."

"There’s nothing to tell Kat. If there was I would tell you, but there’s nothing here. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nil."

"Kyra, friends tell friends things. I've come to two conclusions. Either you're hiding something from me, or we're not friends. Now which is it?"

"Fine. But you have to promise you wont tell anyone. Not Frank, Ray, Gerard or Mikey. Especially not Mikey."

"Kyra, you should know, if you tell me something I'm not going to go and tell anyone. It will stay between you and me, unless of course you killed someone, than I might have to turn you in. Now what is it you want to tell me, and I promise not to say anything."

"Well since you did promise, I guess I can-YOU HAVE TO SWEAR YOU WONT TELL!" Kyra yelled, raising her voice at the end.

"You fucking killed someone didn't you?" Kat said softly with a look of fear in her eyes.

"Oh of fucking course! The little blonde took someone out. People always assume that!"

"Kyra, calm down your starting to freak me out. I swear I wont tell anyone what you're about to tell me, damn take a joke."

"This is nothing to joke about!"

“Okay sorry, I was just trying to make you smile. I don't like seeing my friends upset, it kind of freaks me out, I'm not really used to it..."

"I-I-It's alright. I'm just a bit...weary of who I tell.”

"Its okay, I promise I wont say anything. It can’t be that bad. Can it?"

"Well, it depends on what you classify as 'that bad' I guess. You see I have this sister. Lily."

“It takes a lot to be that bad, so what about this sister?"

"Half sister. Thank you."

"Okay, what about her? Is she here with you?"

"Nope, thank fucking god. I left her and my supposed parents back there."

'Why?"

"Well wouldn't you if they made your life hell?"

“Well that depends on what they did to make it hell,” Kat said, with a thoughtful look on her face.

"The constant 'I don't deserve to live' and 'You're such a whore' does tremendous things for ones self-esteem. Oh and not to mention its served with step father who abuses you on the side? Life’s just a walk in the park," Kyra smiled.

"Y...Y...You're abused?"

“Ooops. Did I say abused? I mean axe murderer."

"WHAT? Kyra, you was right this isn’t something to joke about. Is it still happening?"

"Well lets see. They're about 50 miles that way,” Kyra said, pointing to her left, "And I'm here. So I think not."

"How did you get here? Are they looking for you? Does anyone else know? Does Andy know?" Kat quickly said, a look of worry and concern filling her face.

"Some nice old lady gave me a lift. And I don’t know. And no. And no."

"So, how did this nice old lady find you to give you a ride?" Kat said, clenching her fists and knuckles.

"Hitch hiked."

"What? Do you know how dangerous that is? Where did you say you was from again?" Kat asked curiously with a smirk on her face.

"Pennsylvania. I'm not going to say exactly where. Why are you smirking at me?"

“So why does Andy think you're here?... What smirk?" She replied, removing the smirk from her face.

"Well, I don't know. He thinks I'm just here for a visit. I swear if you fucking tell anyone then I will be a murderer"

"I'm not going to tell I promised I wouldn't didn't I? What I didn't promise was that I wouldn't commit a murder, I think you should tell me where you lived like address and everything... Oh and who was on the phone, you never did tell me."

"Ugh. My mother. And you aren’t going to go kill anyone, you hear me!?"

Kat sighed, "Fine I wont kill anyone, but you still need to tell me where you used to live. Did she say anything, did she know it was you?"

Kyra told her friend her old address and said, "I don't think so. I think she thought I was Andy."

"Are her and Andy close?"

"Not really...why?

"Does she know you're close with Andy?" She asked, avoiding the question.

"Well I did favour him over my other cousins. Only because he'd do my hair but- What’s with all the questions?"

A worried expression swept over Kat‘s face, " Why do you think your mom all of a sudden called Andy?"

"I DONT KNOW! If I knew I'd be figuring out some witty way to do something"

"Ithinktheyarelookingforyou."

“What?” Kyra asked, unable to understand her fast words.

"I think they are looking for you. I mean, why else would your mom call Andy?"

"No...You don't? No, no, no, no!" Kyra panicked, running her hands through her hair.

“Kyra, I think there is only three things you can do. Either come stay with me, or go to the police... Or tell Andy."

"I-I-I can't stay here. I've gotta go," Kyra said, walking off to her room.

Kat followed behind her and watched as her friend started shoving her clothes into a duffle bag, not concerned about how neatly folded they were.

"I take it you're coming to my house?"

"Nope. I'm getting the hell outta here."

"Kyra, I will call Mikey and the rest the guys and tell them everything, if you run away.... Again."

“Yeah? Well then what kind of friend would you be? You promised!" Kyra yelled.

"THE KIND WHO, DOESN’T WANT TO READ ABOUT SOME GIRL HITCH HICKING AND GETTING RAPED OR MURDERED," Kat yelled back twice as loud, feeling her pockets for her phone.

"Oh yeah and what are you going to tell them? The story of the poor little girl? I'm sure they'll believe that," Kyra said, walking out the room.

Kat followed her friend and said, "No I will do better than that. I will tell them the story of their scared friend, and if that don't work, I'll just tell them you are trying to kill your self, and I need them to help me stop you... And that’s not a lie, cause if you run away again, that could be what happens."

"Do it. Go on. If you’re going to do it then do it!"

"You really sure you want this Kyra?" Kat said, pulling her phone out and dialling Mikey’s number.

"What have I got to lose? Nothing,” Kyra said lifelessly, heading towards the door.

Kat hung up the phone and grabbed her arm, "WHAT? You have Mikey to lose, and me, Gee, Frankie, Ray! Do we mean anything to you? What? Was Mikey just some fling?"

"Mikey, You, Frankie and Ray you mean,” Kyra muttered.

"And Gee! Why wouldn't you have him?"

"I-I-I,” Kyra sighed, "I've fucked up big time"

Kat pulled her friend into a hug, "Please don't run, maybe I was wrong... Even if I wasn't. Let me help you, just please don't run. You're my first friend I have made other than Frankie. Now what do you mean you fucked up?”

"Gerard. Me. Kissing," Kyra said, ashamed of what had happened as she sat on the sofa.

"You kissed Gee? Did you cheat on Mikey?" Kat gasped.

"NO! It's not like that!”

"Do you wanna tell me, what happened? Are you going to stay?"

"It was at that party. Even before I met Mikey. And it just happened. I got pushed and we met."

"And let me guess, Gee, wont leave you alone now right?"

Kyra simply nodded, unsure of exactly what to say.

"It will be okay. Do you want to be with Mikey or Gee?"

"I-I-I don't know. I mean Mikey...he's perfect, sweet. Everything you should want. But Gerard...he's Gerard."

"Yeah I know. Just go with who you think you're better with and if you cant decide.... Well just don't break Mike’s heart."

"And how the hell am I meant to do that? I kissed his fucking brother for Christs sake!"

"Yeah, but that was before you guys started dating, just if you can chose, get out of the relationship before, it gets real serious.... Have you thought about telling Mike you and Gee, kissed?

"He's going to hate me. I know it,” Kyra said, holding her head in her hands.

“How could he hate, you? He's head over heels for you. What he would hate is if Gee told him. He's been acting kind of funny around Mikey.”

"Funny? And he isn’t head over heels Kat. He's just....confused."

“Yeah, okay, maybe weird is a better word. But when Mikey came back from that date you went on Gee was all like, "Did you kiss her? Tongue? No tongue?"...And yes! He is head over heels for you, he was confused when he put a fork in the toaster."

“WHAT!?”

"Are you freaking over Gee or Mikey?"

"Both! This family is whacked. Maybe I should just not date any of them. You know? Break it off with Mike and see what happens"

"I'm no good with boy advice really, and definitely not when it comes to the Way brothers. But yes, they are kind of whacked... My advice is do what you want and if they don't understand then, screw ‘em."

"Oh so sleeping with them both is going to fix everything? Gees. You are no good with boys.”

"NO!! Not like that, I mean, if they cant understand than maybe you should forget them they wasn't ever really your friend,” Kat said, giving a small smile.

“Okay...Let's hypothetically say you were in my position. Who would you choose?"

"You really want me to answer that?"

"Yes."
"What I say doesn't leave this house. If Frank knew I answered this he would kill me."

"Well what I said about Gee doesn’t leave this house either"

"Fine.... I would pick Gee, but only because, Mikey is to shy for me Gee is more out there, and I like crazy guys."

"So Gee it is..." She mumbled, "Why would Frank kill you anyway? Its not like you’re dating him.”

Kat blushed and looked around the room, "Do you mean, your going to go out with Gee?“

"OH MY GOD! YOURE DATING FRANK!?!" Kyra shrieked, standing up and pointing at Kat.

Her cheeks turned a darker shade of pink, "No I'm not."

"YOU SO ARE!"

“Why didn't you answer my question?"

"I don’t know. Maybe. we'll see. YOU’RE DATING FRANK!" Kyra squealed.

"WHAT? .... Fine maybe I am, but this stays between us okay?"

"Maybe isn’t an answer" Kyra smiled widely.

“Promise what I am about to say doesn't leave this house, along with everything else we have talked about?"

"You’re about to confess your undying love for me and we're going to run off and leave all the stupid boys behind?"

"YES!"

"I knew it"

Kat laughed, "Kyra I think you may just be my best friend."

"Well Kat, I think you may just be my second best friend," Kyra smirked.

“Second? Who's first I'll kill them."

"Duh. Myself of course!" Kyra laughed.

Kat smiled, "Guess I have to kill you."

Kyra gave a mock scream, "Frankie.....Help me??"

" No one can save you my pretty, I'll get you and your little dog too."

"I don’t have a dog..." Kyra said awkwardly.

"Great, now I have to buy you a dog, just to kill you," Kat sighed.

"Okay answer me this. Why is Frank going to kill you if he finds out you'd pick Gee over Mikey?

"That’s not why he would kill me."

"Well why?

"It would be like picking another man over him, and his best friend at that.... He may not like that to well."

"So you and Frank huh? Why so secretive? OH MY GOD! YOU WERET PREGNANT AND WENT TO MEXICO FOR AN ABORTION?"

“HELL NO! I don't believe in them, and you know, I'm not really sure, it was his idea not mine."

"You don’t think he's being on secretive because he’s ashamed or something? Like, why hide it? You’re a cute couple.”

“Kyra I really have no idea, why, I'm not even sure Mikey and the guys would be my friends if it wasn't for Frank. But I really would like to know why it has to be a secret,” Kat sighed.

“Well ask him.”

"Maybe I will next time I see him, and where not with everyone."

"How about now?"

“How can I do it now? I'm hanging out with you, and he's probably with Gee and Mikey. What do you want me to do, call him and ask him?"

"Well if you want I can ask him or better yet. I know you’ll say no but I could tell Mikey and he could find out"

“Kyra, of course I'm saying no to both. One, he would kill me if either of you knew, and what would he think of me if I had someone else ask him?"

"Well what if I asked him non suspiciously. Acted as if I knew nothing?"

"How would you do that?"

"Be all like 'You and Kat seem close' then be like 'I wonder if she's got a boyfriend...'"

"Do you really think that would work? I don't want him mad at me."

"So what if he gets mad at you? Technically you should be mad at him for not making your relationship public.”

" I should?"

"You should," Kyra nodded.

"So when do you plan on putting your plan in to action?"

"If you don’t want to do it, we don’t have to."

"Its not that, its just I don't know what he will say or do. No one has ever done anything like this for me I’ve always been the loner kid."

"Well be the loner kid no more. Together we shall be the loner kids!"

Kat gave off a wide smiles, "I can live with that, so how do we put your plan in action, what is your plan?"

"Well, when we see him next, I'll take Frank to get some skittles. And I'll pounce then."

"And when and where do you plan on seeing him?"

"School."

"So tomorrow than I take it?"

"So it seems."

"So what are you going to do about your boy problems?"

"That I don’t know Kat. I just don’t know," Kyra sighed.

“You should make a list of why you like each boy, and why you don't. Who ever has more good stuff is who you should pick. Again I know I'm bad with boy advice."

“Mikey cant find out about this. Any of this. Ever. I don’t know what he'll do or how he'll react so maybe we'll just leave it"

“Kyra, I'm not going to tell. The only way anyone is finding anything out would be if they have Andy’s apartment bugged which they don't. Trust me, we're talking about the people who let Mikey stick a fork in the toaster,” She laughed causing Kyra to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, me and Katsumi actually did that whole conversation over instant messanger.
Seriously, send some love her way.
And as for the teams, we have Addicted as our captain of Team Gerard while x.XMeXLikeyXMikeyX.x is the captain of Team Mikey since they nominated themselves.
Send me some love. That was like an epically long chapter. 2867 words.
And the best thing(s) about today? No more school for two weeks AND a NEW COBRA STARSHIP SONG!!!! It's called 'Pete Wentz Is The Only Reason We're Famous'. Check it out on their myspace.