Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

Good Points And Bad Points.

Kyra sat there on her bed, legs crossed, with a notebook on her knee and her fingers taped the pen against the blank page. She scribbled down their names. Her eyes glanced over her boyfriend’s name, her thoughts thinking of his good and bad points.

Good; cute, sweet, caring, sensitive, good taste in horror movies, likes sushi, fun to be with. Bad; can be too sensitive, clingy, quiet.

She was happy with the small list of points she had compiled. Her eyes went to the next name. The name she dreaded to hear. The name she even dreaded to read. Gerard. Kyra decided to start with his bad points first,

Bad; obsessive, kisses girls he doesn’t know, over confident.

Kyra stopped and thought about his good points. Her mind went blank, except for the image of his dark messy hair and small white teeth. What was good about him? Five words.

He was Gerard fucking Way.

The pen in her hand scribbled down those five words and drew a massive dark line underneath it. Her lips let a sigh escape and she put her head back against the wall. Why was that his only good point!? Why does he have this affect over her? She closed her notebook and threw it on the floor before resting her head down on the pillow.

The next morning, Kyra awoke later than usual, sleeping through her alarm. She sat up and scratched her head as her eyes adjusted to the light. Her hands reached for her cell and saw the time, as well as a few missed calls from Mikey and Kat.

She gasped and mumbled profanities while changing into some respectable clothes for class. Putting her legs through her jeans was harder to do in a rush, causing her to trip. Kyra picked herself up and went to the bathroom, brushing her teeth and combing her hair.

Her feet quickly carried her to the school, where she chucked her bag in her locker and grabbed her books for her second class. Photography. Luckily for her, the teacher was easy going and probably hadn’t noticed her absence. She casually walked in and put her books down next to Frank.

“Iero,” She acknowledged.

He raised his head and smiled, “About fucking time. I thought you weren’t coming.”

“I over slept okay? Now let’s just go develop these negatives,” Kyra said, pulling out the film strips from her folder.

They went into the silent darkroom, which was empty. The rest of the class was outside, taking photos with the cameras which would turn out terribly, most likely because they would either have their finger over the lens or would develop the film wrong. Frank shut the door behind them to stop the light from affecting their pictures before he sat on the bench while Kyra organised their things.

“So what’d you do with Mikey after school yesterday? I hope he’s still in one piece for me,” Kyra laughed.

“Ah, you know? Just the usual. Did a bit of guitar work. What about you and Kat?” He asked, swinging his legs.

“We just talked, did girly things, you know?” Kyra said, copying Frank a bit, “Kat’s really a great girl, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, she’s a good friend,” Frank said, wiping his nose on his sleeve.

Kyra was thinking about yelling at him for calling his girlfriend ‘a good friend’. But then that would ruin the plan and end up with serious consequences. Instead, she held her tongue.

“I’m surprised she hasn’t got a boyfriend yet! She’s really pretty. Any guy would be lucky to have her,” Kyra told him while processing the first photo through.

“What’s with all the questions about Kat, Murdoch? What did she say to you?”

“Huh? Nothing, why? Is there something you need to say?”

“No!” Frank said instantly.

“Oh okay. She said something about liking what’s his name? Lucas Brown?” Kyra acted.

“WHAT!? SHE CAN’T DO THAT IF WE’RE DATING!”

Kyra’s plan had worked. She had gotten him to admit it that he and Kat were actually dating. A small smirk appeared on her lips as she turned and faced him.

“You and Kat are dating?” She said slowly.

“Oops….We‘re not dating,” He muttered.

“Oh Frank. Drop the act. I already know everything. Except for one thing.”

“Gah! She told you. I cannot believe this after she promised!”

“Why don’t you acknowledge it? I mean, you’re a cute couple and well don’t you think Kat deserves a bit of recognition after dating you for how long and not blabbing til now?”

“Three months,” Frank mumbled.

“Three months Frank! You should be ashamed of yourself. Not making her smile in public. What would your mother think?” Kyra scolded as if she were his mother, “You need to make it up to her!”

“Yes ma’am. And how am I going to do that,” He sighed.

“Whoa, whoa. You’re just giving in? Just like that?” Kyra asked, stunned.

“I guess. It’s just that-,” He sighed, “It’s just that I don’t want things to be awkward between the group. Like if we break up then what’s going to happen? And the guys. Oh god the guys are going to give me such a hard time.”

“Frank, they won’t give you a hard time,” She said while wrapping her arm around his shoulder, “And if they do, which they won’t, I’ll take care of them. Mikey won’t but Gee and Ray? I can fix them. And another couple would be good, not going to make things awkward.”

“Well yeah. I mean look at you and Mikey. If you guys can do it then why can’t we?”

“Exactly! Now, how are you going to show it?”

“I don’t know. Just tell ‘em I guess,” He shrugged.

“I’ve got a better idea,” She grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think her plan is?
I am epic love with The Citizens FOB Mixtape.
Yeah, I'm that lame that I only just downloaded it.
But I'm forever a lake effect kid :)
comments?