Status: Complete. Go read sequel, 'Give A Cheer For All The Broken'?

Cinderella, she seems so easy

Free Booze? Sure, Why Not?

Kyra avoided the Kat and the group, in particular Mikey, claiming she had to talk to her teachers to collect the work she had missed out on. But she knew the real reason why she was avoiding them. She just didn’t want to place in anymore awkward silences than necessary.

The day went by quickly and Kyra was soon walking back to her cousin’s apartment to do a few things. Homework, Myspace and deciding on what to wear. The latter she would do with help from Andrew since he seemed to know a lot about fashion.

She was on her cousin’s laptop, researching her part of the French Revolution assignment and hoping her cousin would be home soon since the party was less than an hour away, when her cousin came in. Kyra told him about the party and wondered if he knew anything about Mikey.

“So, do you know anything about the Ways?” She asked curiously.

“The Ways? Yeah, about this high, dark hair, looks like a murderer? Then yeah, I know him. He comes in for coffee all the time. Why?” Andy told her.

“Oh. I just heard about them at school and stuff,” Kyra lied.

“Oh okay. Now, let’s go get you dressed and to that party,” Her cousin said.

He took her away from the laptop and picked out her outfit, the same skinny jeans from today but this time matched with a purple tee that had ‘magically delicious’ written on the front. After applying make up and doing her hair, Andrew drove his cousin to the address on the flyer and dropped her off.

“Now, I’ll be back at 11. Make sure you’re out the front waiting,” He told her.

“Alright Dad,” She laughed, shutting the car door.

Kyra took a deep breath and confidently walked into the loud party. The house was flooded with teens, each with the recognisable red disposable cup, no doubt filled with a substance that they shouldn’t be drinking until a few more years past. Her ears were filled with the distinct sound of pop punk music, she wasn’t exactly sure of the artist but it was tolerable.

On the way to get herself a drink, she noticed a tall, dark figure in the corner observing her through his dark eyes. He had messy black hair and from what she could tell, was in all black clothing. Kyra kept walking and poured a beer into a red cup and held in her right hand when she was approached by Chloe.

“Oh my god! You made it! I’m so happy!” She shrieked.

“Ha yeah. I thought free booze? Why not?” Kyra laughed.

“I’m glad you came! We should totally hang out and get our nails done or something!”

Kyra pretended to gag in her mind and politely nodded her head in fake agreement. There was no way in hell she would be doing that anytime soon. But then again, if she wanted to get invited to more parties, she probably should.

“Well, I have to go and find my boyfriend,” Chloe giggled, “But I’ll catch you later.”

She waved and went off to find her boyfriend, leaving Kyra alone, standing by the drinks. Several drinks later, Kyra casually walked around the party with that red cup in her hand. She was slightly drunk. Just a tad, not entirely wasted but not fully sober either.

Kyra smiled when she saw the same figure from before in the same spot, the red cup in his hand stood out in front of him. She went to walk over to him but ended up tripping over her own feet. His arms quickly went out and caught her before she fell to the floor.

“Whoa careful. Are you okay?” He asked.

Kyra blushed and looked up, “Yeah, I’m fine. Thanks.”

She stood up and fixed her shirt before looking up to see the mysterious boy standing there, waiting for her to introduce herself.

“So, I haven’t seen you around here before. You new?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m Kyra,” She said, for the one hundredth time today.

“Nice name. I’m Gerard,” He yelled over the music.

Kyra didn’t even catch his name, she just nodded and smiled. God, she thought he was cute. She looked him up and down and smiled wider, not even paying attention to what he was saying. He leaned closer to her so that she could hear him.

“So you like it here?”

“It’s-”

Kyra felt someone push her in back, to get past her. She went to turn around and hurl various profanities at the person when she realised. In the process of being pushed, her lips had attached to Gerard’s and he wasn’t pulling away. Instead, he seemed to be enjoying it as much as she was.

His lips parted into a smile once he pulled away. This never happened to him before. He was a regular on the party scene but he was only in it for the free booze, not the chance to pick up girls.

“Well Kyra,” He said, holding her cheek with his right hand.

“Well Gerard,” She mocked.

He smiled at her attempt to mock him. Gerard could tell that she was like him. The snide confidence coming from the corner of her lips and the attitude she had towards the world were both indicators to Gerard.

She went back in for another kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. Kyra wasn’t at all worried of what the other people around her would think. Only god could judge her. They kept switching around, so at one moment, Gerard was against the wall, while the next Kyra was.

In the pocket of her jeans, she could feel her phone vibrating. She reluctantly pulled away from Gerard and opened her phone to see a message from Andrew, demanding to know where she was and why she wasn’t out the front waiting.

“I’ve got to go,” She said.

“What? It’s only 11. The night is still young!” Gerard whined.

“Sorry. I-I-I’ll see you at the next one,” Kyra said, walking off outside.

Gerard sighed and ran his hand through his hair. Then mentally kicked himself. Why didn’t he get her number? He was such an idiot. At least he knew that she lived in the area. He’d find her again eventually.
♠ ♠ ♠
Look, it's Gerard!
And he says that the 15 subscribers should each comment once for another update today.