Healing

Sky go Kaboom...

Strangely enough, it was dark outside. The blackish sky compared to my mood.

I was curious of the time. It was only four. Momentarily, the entire sky was dark. The small blue-ish area had been devoured by the blackness. I stared at the sky. Mom was dead. It was almost weird to think she was dead.

I heard voices from below me, muffled by the pounding rain. I got off my bed and looked in the mirror.

My hair was a horrible mess, but it well matched my face. My eyeliner had run down my face, marking my tears' trails. I looked deathly pale with red blotches I always seemed to get when I cried. My eyes were red and a little puffy. I had to laugh at how I looked.

I stumbled across the hall to the bathroom and cleaned my face with a black hand towel. Then I brushed my frizzed and screwed up hair. I looked relatively normal now that I was calmer and had laughed a little. The thunder was deafeningly loud, followed by quick cracks of lightning.

Then I went downstairs to the kitchen. Leah was sprawled on the couch reading Cosmo Girl! while Julie and Kyle were watching something on Disney Channel. It was obvious that Julie was annoyed with whatever it was. After one more booming sound and a brilliant flash, the TV and the sidetable lamp went out. I passed them and went into the kitchen which smelled of something weird but I wasn't going to ask. I grabbed a cup (it was ugly and flowery...) and got water. I was parched and guzzled it down within seconds.

Mr. J came from his room and came up behind me, scaring the crap out of me. I jumped.

"Sorry." He said. "Are you okay?"

I nodded.

"It wasn't fair. You've already been through too much." I looked down.

"Do you think that we could track down which cemetary she's at so I could go?"

"You sure?"

I nodded again. Even though I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't have the faintest idea how it would effect me. We were supposed to go New York soon. Hopefully, before school started. I was wrong about the starting date so I had a couple weeks.