Healing

I'm Back :-)

Bubbling fresh ginger ale stung Jenna's tongue.

It'd been nearly 11 when the plane arrived at the small town in New York. The hotel room was large and the bed was comfortable but Jenna couldn't sleep. The sky was bright with stars because of lack of city lights. The moon was invisible aside from a thin sliver of silver between a few stars.

She stared at the sky, hoping to bore herself to sleep...yet unsuccessfully.

Jenna groaned and flopped back on her bed. It was almost two. The dark sky taunted Jenna by lightening to a brilliant dawn sky. She lay sleepless awaiting the day's events. They were going to the cemetary that day. Jenna's abdomen tingled with slight dread at the thought of her possible reaction.

The sun's rays extended across the huge room to Lisa's face, causing her to stir. She covered her eyes and coughed slightly and stopped moving.

Jenna slid onto the floor and shuffled through her checkered backpack until she found a book. But it was just a note book. She replaced it and found another. It was l8r, g8r by Lauren Myracle. She opened the cover and read the IM style novel. She finished at about 8:30. Then she decided to listen to music. She stared absently at a wall listening to the music on a low volume.

"Jenna?!"someone half shouted.

"Sorry, what?"

She saw Lisa, Julie, and Mr. J standing at varied points in the room.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Almost.''

Leah left the bathroom as Kyle entered. She finished her hair and then went to the bathroom.

Mr. J locked the hotel's door and they set out. Jenna was rocking back and forth slightly in the car. They drove to a florist.

Jenna got a few white roses, she read they'd been her mother's favorite in the journals somewhere. Then she got a pretty ceramic angel and sank back into the seat of the car.

The package sat in her lap, not quite lightly.

It seemed like forever when they saw a stone-carved sign marking that they had arrived.