In the Best Damn Dress I Own

Interview

I was sitting in the waiting room, doing exactly what it was designed for. I felt my palms go sweaty as I looked around the room. I saw so many women here, all of which were very beautiful. I wasn't attracted to women, but I knew when one was attractive. I hoped that I was attractive enough to gain a spot in the pageant that we all desperately wanted to be in.

"Genna Way." a woman with mousy hair called up. I stood up, muttering under my breath. I wish that I could have told them that my name was Gerard. That would make it obvious that I was a man though.

You're probably extremely confused right now. Let me fill you in.

I'm Gerard Arthur Way. I was born and raised in the Garden State, New Jersey. When I was a teenager I figured out that girls clothes suited me, or at least I thought so. I wanted to be a girl so bad that I eventually started dressing like one all the time, except when I was home with my significant other, Frank.

I had found out about the New Jersey Beauty Pageant, and it immediately sparked my interest. I simply had to enter into it. I knew I was a beautiful man, but was I as beautiful as a woman? I had to know.

"Well Ms. Way, how are you today? My name is Evaleen Wright. I'm going to be interviewing you today." the woman said, inducing herself. I smiled at her with my lipstick-covered mouth.

"Hello Evaleen. I would introduce myself but it would appear you already know me." I said, still smiling.

"Shall we start with the first question then?" I nodded and she continued. "Why do you want to be in a beauty pageant, Genna?"

"I want to show the world that beauty can be intelligent. I also want to set a good example for children." She smiled at my near-perfect answer. I was going to ace this. I just knew it.

The interview lasted about an hour more. I had answered all the questions with simple ease. Evaleen had grinned like a Cheshire cat the entire time. I knew I was going to be part of this pageant.

Just as the interview had ended, my cell phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. It read 'Frankie'.

"Sorry. I'll just turn this off." I said, going to open the phone just to close it again. Evaleen reached across the table to stop me. I returned her sudden action with a bewildered look.

"Is that Frank?" I nodded. She had asked me earlier what my current status was, and I had told her that I had been dating Frank for a year now and that we were living together. "Can I talk to him please."

I handed her the phone and she smiled.

"Hello Frank. This is Evaleen Wright from the New Jersey Beauty Pageant. I would just like you to know that your girlfriend, Genna Way, is officially a contestant." She smiled when she heard his response. I noticed that my palms had become clammy from anticipation. I hadn't told Frank about the pageant, and I wasn't sure how he'd take it.

"Okay Frank, I'm going to congratulate you're girlfriend now. Take care." Evaleen said into the mouthpiece before closing the phone and handing it back to me.

"So I'm in? I'm going to be in the pageant?" I asked excitedly. Evaleen nodded. I got up and shrieked in joy. Evaleen smiled and shook my hand. I eagerly took it and pulled her into a giant hug.

"Thank you! You don't know how much this means to me!" I said, out of breath from the excitement.

"Just be here Saturday at two in the afternoon for dress rehearsal. Don't be late." Evaleen smiled when she said this. It seemed that this conversation was full of smiles.

I promised that I wouldn't and ran out of the building. When I got to my car I jammed the key into the ignition. Then a thought hit me and all the excitement was swept away.

How was I going to tell my brother?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. It's twisted and wrong.
Let me just say one thing.
Sleep deprivation+too many Mibba stories+Miss Congeniality=this idea.
I know.
I'm awesome at math.
Please comment and subscribe.