In the Best Damn Dress I Own

Forgiving?

Gerard Way’s Point of View

It had been a couple of days since arriving at the hospital. The doctor said that I had some sort of panic attack and after hitting my head, I needed to be kept for observation to make sure I didn’t have a concussion or something.

Frank was taking us back to our apartment, but he took a wrong turn.

“Where’re we going?” I asked.

“Do you want to know why I made you wear those clothes?” he asked, gesturing to the female clothes he practically forced me to wear.

“Um…sure?”

“Well, we are going home, but I wanted to take a little detour,” he spoke, turning on yet another street.

It looked familiar to me, and I could soon realize where we were going.

“Frank, why are we going back there? What if we run into Erika or something?” I asked nervously.

I really didn’t want to go back to the pageant location. I couldn’t bear to show myself there. it would be far too humiliating and besides, Evaleene already knows that I dropped out.

Frank pulled up to the building and forced me to get out. Seriously, he had to drag me out of the car, complaining the entire time.

We strolled into the building, Frank's hand permanently placed on my lower back so that I couldn’t run, and soon enough, we came face to face with Evaleene. Today, she wasn’t wearing her flaming red lipstick, but a soft pink shade. In my opinion, it suited her much better.

“So…?” Frank asked, a small grin on his face.

Evaleene returned a huge smile and looked at me.

“Okay, Genna, I don’t want you jumping up and down; I don’t want you to hurt yourself again. But, Frank came here a couple of days ago while you were at the hospital and begged that you be allowed back into the pageant, and I agree. Genna Way, you are hereby still in the pageant. Now, I want you to go home and get rested up,” she said joyfully.

I couldn’t believe it. Frank had done this for me. He actually got me back into the pageant.

We walked back out to the car, him holding me up just so that I wouldn’t fall down from the overwhelming emotions I was feeling, and we drove back to our apartment.

“Frankie, thank you so much,” I said as soon as we were through the door.

“Gee, it was the least I could do. I love you too much to see you give up your dreams.

I couldn’t contain myself. I lunged towards him, pressing his body against mine as I tightly hugged him. He giggled and kissed my cheek as we pulled away.

“Um, Gee? What are the sleeping arrangements going to be?” he asked nervously.

“You're going to sleep in our bed with me. We may not be dating right now, but I still care about you enough not to make you sleep on the floor or the couch,” I said enthusiastically.

I don’t know why, but I wanted so badly to forgive Frank and go back to dating him. I couldn’t though. He had cheated on me and he needed to prove that he still genuinely loved me. I thought that I would be stronger and not give in, but this was turning about to be harder than I thought.

“Are you sure? I mean, I don’t mind taking the couch or whatever. I’ll do anything as long as you're happy with the situation,” he said.

“Frank, even if we’re technically not in a relationship, we’re still going to act as equals, and if you wake up with a crick in your neck, and I wake up peacefully and fully rested, then we’re not so equal, now are we?” I said.

Okay, so I kinda just wanted to hold him in bed after he fell asleep. But, the excuse was pretty good, if I do say so myself.

“Alright, as long as you're okay, I'm fine with it too. I think I wanna go to bed now though. I haven’t slept too well for like a week now and I'm really tired,” he said, yawning.

It was only about six o’clock, but I could tell that he really was tired.

“Alright, sweet dreams,” I said.

He giggled and walked to our room. I sat on the couch, looking back at the events that took place today. He actually got me back in the pageant! Maybe forgiving him was going to be easier than I thought. But there was still the annoying, sadistic matter of Erika that needed to be taken care of. How was I going to face her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Thank you for reading!