In the Best Damn Dress I Own

It's The Worst Day Ever

Frank Iero’s Point of View

I was constantly on edge. Whenever I walked by Gerard, he would smirk and continue what he was doing. He had said that my punishment earlier in the week was just for breaking the coffee maker. I couldn’t imagine what his punishment would be for the thing with Erika.

I sat down next to him and stared blankly at the TV show he was watching. What could he possibly do to me? Kill me? No, he wouldn’t do that. He might castrate me though…fuck, why did I have to cheat?! Maybe he would just…I don’t know, hit me with a tree limb or something. That would be better than getting my –

“Frankie,” he growled, making me jump.

I swallowed hard, turning my head slowly to face him. “Yeah?” I croaked out.

“Be a doll and fetch me my nail stuff,” he said in a normal tone of voice.

I nodded, running to the bedroom to find his cosmetics bag, and brought it to him in less than a minute.

“Next time, be a little faster,” he said, venom dripping from his voice. He pushed me back down on the couch and went to the table to do his nails. I stayed on the couch, afraid to move, afraid to breathe.

“Frankie, come here and tell me what color would look good,” he said.

Fearfully, I got up and slowly approached him. That damn smirk was still on his face.

“Pick out of these three colors,” he said, placing bottles of red, black, and mauve colored nail polish in front of me.

“I like the b-black,” I said quietly.

He snickered. “Typical…”

I hung my head. What did I do wrong?

Nevertheless, he painted his nails black. I watched him the entire time; I don’t know why I did, but I did.

“Do they look okay?” he asked when he was finished.

“They're beautiful as always,” I complimented.

Gerard squinted his eyes at me.

“Are you trying to kiss-up?” he asked.

“No! No, of course not; you really do your nails amazingly. I couldn’t do it if I tried,” I said truthfully.

“Hmm…okay then. Thank you for your humble opinion. Baby, why don’t you ever style your hair differently?”

“I don’t know. It never crossed my mind to be quite honest with you.”

“Let me do it then!” he said happily.

“Um…Gerard, I don’t really want you to do –“

“I said let me fucking do your hair,” he said lowly.

“O-Okay. Whatever you want baby.”

He smiled and ran off into the bathroom, getting some of his hair supplies. He came back seconds later with a towel, hair dressing scissors, and multiple boxes of dye.

“Bring your chair over here and wrap this towel around your shoulders.”

I did as I was told and soon he was mixing up some hair dye.

“If this burns your head, I apologize in advance,” he whispered in my ear. He didn’t sound to convincing. It almost sounded like he wanted me to suffer.

I felt the wet substance being applied to my hair and I took a few deep breaths. He didn’t tell me how he was going to style it or even what color he was dying it. He would probably dye it green and use a shit load of spray tan to make me orange, making me look like an Oompa Loompa. Damn it, now I'm scaring myself.

After hours of sitting with my head burning, I was finally told to go and rinse out the dye. I did so and looked in the mirror to see what color it was.

The majority of my hair was pink! He left a few strands black, but shit. It was pink! It was like a reverse highlight type thing. Instead of just a few pink highlights in my black hair, I get black highlights in pink hair.

“Gerard!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, probably waking the neighbors in the apartment if they were asleep.

“Yes darling? Don’t you love it?”

“No I do not freaking love it! What would possess you to do this?!”

“Why are you getting angry with me?” he asked, gripping my wrists tightly like he had done previously. His nails sank into the skin once more. I winced in pain.

“I’ll ask you one more time. Why are you getting angry with me?” his malicious voice asked.

“I-I'm sorry,” my high pitched voice sounded, bouncing off the bathroom walls. “I'm sorry Gee. Please, let me go. I actually kind of like it. It’ll just take some time getting used to, but I do like it,” I pleaded.

“I don’t think I believe you honey. I mean why should I? You cheated on me with my enemy. You knew I hated her. What would possess you to do something like that? Am I not good enough? Or do I just not have what you like?” he seethed.

“I-I don’t know why I did it. I'm not sure. I love you though. I really do. Please let go; you're hurting me,” I cried. Blood was streaming down my forearms, making them glisten in the precious red liquid.

“If you truly loved me, why’d yah cheat? What was so hard about being loyal to me? Hmm?! Just to be there for me and love me. Why was it so hard Frankie-baby? I've been nothing but faithful to you. Did you just want sex? I could’ve given you sex.”

“It’s so hard dating someone who cross-dresses and acts like a fucking woman!" I screamed. “I went out with you for you not Genna. I want to make love to you without you worrying if your hair is getting messed up or wondering what you're going to wear the next day. You're so much more beautiful to me as a man. I love you as a man. I guess I just wanted to see if loving a girl was any different than loving my girly boyfriend,” I screamed at him.

His grip loosened on my wrists completely, letting them fall to my sides.

“See? Was that so hard? I just wanted the truth, but you're still not off the hook for doing what you did. Now you know to be honest with me. All the time. No exceptions. Understood?”

I nodded as tears silently slid down my cheeks.

“Good! Clean yourself up and I’ll fix your hair. The dye that I'm going to use won't damage your hair, so you'll still have a full head of those luscious locks. Oh, and Frank?”

“What?” I mumbled.

“Thank you for telling me. Honesty is key,” he said before walking off.

I cleaned up my wrists and wrapped a little bit of gauze on the cuts to keep them from getting infected. I went back to where Gerard was and let him fix my hair. This has got to be one of the worst days ever.