In the Best Damn Dress I Own

The Day Before The Pageant

Gerard’s Point of View

Our break passed by and Evaleene walked back out, smiling happily. She looked at me specifically and smiled sincerely.

“Okay, girls, line up. I want to run this by you at least a few more times. You will be standing like you are now, in this same order tomorrow evening. I just want to go over a few more things with you, such as your attire and then a final run-through and you'll be free to go,” she said.

And so that was what we did. She told us how quickly we needed to be changed, what time we needed to be back on stage by, everything. She actually made us go through how the pageant would work about four times because some people, Erika, kept screwing it up on purpose. I wanted to kill her so much. But that would be wrong.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, we were let free. I walked to Frank immediately, who gave me a big hug. I loved his hugs; they always made me feel special for some reason.

“You're going to do great tomorrow,” he said to me as we left the pageant building.

“You really think so?” I asked.

“Of course. You're beautiful, no matter what gender you chose to look like for the day and you're just… you're so great,” he said.

I kissed him on the cheek and we got in the car. I suddenly couldn’t wait for tomorrow to get here.

Erika’s Point of View

Gerard wasn’t going to compete, not if I had anything to do with it. He didn’t fucking deserve it and the fact that he was a he would surely change Evaleene’s mind about the whole thing. Why would she even want to let a guy compete anyways?

I knocked on her door after making sure that everyone had left the building.

“Come in!” I heard her muffled voice.

I opened the door and saw her looking at papers in file folders.

“What is it Erika?” she asked. I could sense bitterness in her voice.

“I just wanted to tell you a little secret about Genna,” I said casually, toying with my hair.

“Erika, I want you to leave Genna alone. She has done nothing to you yet you keep messing with her. Is it so hard to leave her alone?” Evaleene asked.

“But Evaleene, you don’t know who she really is, what she's hiding,” I argued.

I was so god damned determined to tell her all about Gerard. He deserved to not compete. I've had my fun playing with him and Frank, and now I just wanted him gone before tomorrow night so that I could win. I will win, I just know it.

“Erika, we are not going to gossip about Genna. As much as I love to gossip, it is so unladylike. Please, just leave. You need to go home and prepare yourself for tomorrow. You wouldn’t want to stay up all night and then fall asleep during the pageant, would you?” she asked.

“No. Please, just hear me out, okay? Can you do me that one little favor?” I asked her. I can't believe I was begging this woman.

She looked as though she were thinking it over a few good times. Why did I want so badly to get Gerard out of the pageant? I mean, it wasn’t because he was a man, but because… I feel like he fucking used me. He just befriended me so easily and led me to believe that he had some kind of feelings for me. I wished that I never found out that he was actually a guy. Things would be much easier.

“Fine Erika, what is it that you wanted to tell me?” she asked, looking annoyed. I practically snarled at her, but told her Gerard's little secret anyway.

“Evaleene, Genna’s actual name is Gerard,” I said smirking. I knew she would put two and two together.

She seemed to concentrate on what I had just said and finally looked at me surprised.

“You're saying that Genna is a man? Erika, that’s preposterous! She isn’t a man,” Evaleene laughed.

Why didn’t she believe me? I mean, it’s not like she’s seen Gerard naked, so how would she possibly know?

“Evaleene, I wouldn’t lie about something like that. She's really a he and you need to take him out of the pageant. It isn’t fair to the other girls, including me,” I argued.

“And how do I know that you're actually a girl as well?” she smart assed.

“I can't believe you're doing this! Just have him pull down his pants and you'll see that he's a bit more equipped than you and I. Evaleene, you have to believe me. Please,” I begged.

I could not believe I had stooped this low. I was actually begging her. But, I wanted to win. I needed to win. Why couldn’t anyone see that?

“Erika, please leave. You're just making yourself look stupid now. I very much know that Genna is a girl, so take this stupidity elsewhere because it is not welcomed here,” she told me.

I screeched in annoyance and stormed out of her office, slamming the door.

Was it really that hard to see that she was a he? I mean, seriously! What did I have to do to prove it to her that Gerard needed to be kicked out?

It came to me then. I could pants him or something in front of everyone and then he’ll immediately be kicked out. All I’d have to do was make sure that Evaleene was in the room and then pull down his pants in front of everyone, exposing him for what he truly is! Then he can go home and cry with his pathetic boyfriend and be the embarrassment of everyone. It’s perfect. All I have to do is execute the plan. It may be childish, but it would work, and I could win this pageant.
♠ ♠ ♠
It would mean a lot if you commented =) You don't have to, but still, it'd be nice.