Drive the Nail and Let Him Rot

You wanna go see Vegas?

The phone rang, and rang. The answer machine soon kicked in.

"Hey its Frankie, I know you probably don't wanna do anything right now, and you probably just wanna be alone, but, you know? We're in like Vegas, and we have free time. Its not everyday you get the chance to go see Vegas. And it will do you good to get out, take things off you're mind. So yeah, if you wanna go for a drive or something, that's all good. I miss you Gerard, and im worried about you dude. Call me yeah? Okay bye....I miss you"

Beeeeep

Gerard just looked at his phone. He sat, just looking at it. He didn't want to go out and see Vegas. He didn't want to go driving. He didn't want to pretend everything was okay, when clearly is wasn't.
He looked down at his wedding band. He twisted it on his finger. The wedding band that Eliza had thrown back in his face. How do you cope with an engagement split? Not with going to Vegas. And not with drink. Gerard was an alcoholic, and it was starting to rear its ugly head again after 4 years. Maybe Vegas was a good idea after all.

Gerard slammed the rings down on the bedside cabinet and reached for his phone. He'd spent most of the day in bed. As far as he'd known Bob and Ray had done the same.
Frank had come and knocked like 15 hundred times, but Gerard had pretended to be out.
He took the phone in his hand and dialled Frank's extention number. Why sit around. waisting time on her? She didn't care about him. He just need to wash her away, alone with the smudged make up and tear marks.

"Hello?"
"Hey, its Gee"
"Gerard! Nice to hear from you buddy!"
"Frankie, its been like less then 12 hours since you saw me last, what's up with that?"
"I dunno'. I missed you thats all. And I wanted to know you we're okay"
"Okay, okay. Well I got you're message, and yeah, i'd like to go out. Maybe for a coffee"
"Awesome! You want me to call round, or visa versa?"
"I'll come to you"
"Okay, see you in like....?"
"20 minutes, I need to get fresh and that"
"Okay, cool, see you soooooon!!"
Gerard didn't reply but he knew Frankie would have a beaming smile, with teeth out and everything. Gerard hung up. Placing the cell to the table again, he manage to lift his body from the bed and stumble to bathroom.