Drive the Nail and Let Him Rot

The explanation.

No one'sPOV.

"And how the fuck are you gunna do that?" Syn spat as the slim figured woman apraoched. She was magnificatly beautiful. Her eyes were large and bright. Her skin marble and her hair long and a rich brown. But most striking was her mouth. Her lips were full and inviting. Bob stared more intensely at her than the others.

"We can't discuss it here, we must go somewhere more quiet." She spoke, her voice was as smooth as silk.
"And why should we trust you?" Frank edged forward, also feeling the attraction of this woman.
"Because you don't have a choice. You want him to live right?"
They all nodded and shuffled on the spot. Rosie moved away from Gerard's hug while Matt just looked up from his pained stare.
"Then you must trust me. Come on, I know where we can go." She began to move through the rubble that lined the floor. The group looked around at each other.
"We have no choice." Gerard spoke and began to follow the woman. Frank followed as did the others. Zacky helped Matt up and they moved out into the street.

After a short walk through twisting back alleys and dark enclosed areas they reached an abandoned building. They followed her into the lair where inside they found a hide out. The inside was amazing. The walls cluttered with many things. A large round table was center in the large open space, and other living things also were there. Not what you'de expect in a burnt out old abandoned factory. Jade took a seat at the head of the table.

"Sit.." She said as the others looked around in amazment. Most of them remained standing, apart from Matt and Syn.
"What is this place?" Mikey asked.
"This is my home."
"Okay so what are you? Why do you live in some creepy ass factory, in the middle of no where, and why did you bite my friend and turn her ......" Rosie spat, deciding this was all to much.
"Why the hostility? I mean no harm to you, or you're friends."
"So why has Saskia become what she is. Did you bite her? Are you a vampire?" Zacky urged.
"Yes I am. But you must know that I am no threat to you. I want to help you."
"You don't look like a vampire." Mikey stuttered.
"Im a rare breed. Im partically human. Only 1 in a hundred females can become this. Im not immortal. I can die just like you, and you and you." Jade pointed round the room at Gerard, Frankie and Matt.
"Why female?" Gerard asked.

"Males do not hold the same gentic make up as females. Two x chromosomes are needed for this to become inherant enviromentally, one with a vampire gene and the other with the mutant gene that gives us the rare breed. Males can only be semi mutanagenic unless born into it." The Group looked on as she continued. "I hunt the evil of my own kind, vampires and mutanaenic vampires."
"So your like Blade, but a chick?" Frank asked, followed by many stares of disbelief from the group.
"So the legend of Balkan folklore is true?" Gerard spoke up.
"There is some truth to it yes." Jade continued.
"So you're a Dhampiresa?" Gerard started...
"Woaw wait up. The what now?" Syn asked, interupting Gerard.
"Balkan folklore." Gerard stated. "It claims that it is possible for a male vampire and a human woman to have children. A Dhampiresa if a female child and a Dhampir if a male."
"How do you know this dude?" Bob asked.
"It's vimpire fiction, I guess I just do." Gerard rubbed his head, turning from Bob back to Jade.
"And he is roughly right." Jade smiled, looking at all the group as half of them looked so confused. "However I wasn't born into this body, it's inherant, from a bite. Therefore I have the weaknesses of a vampire, where as the born do not. I can die, just as you're friend can."
"Saskia is not going to die!" Rosie chocked.
"Im sorry but it may be the only way if you wish to save Jimmy."
"This is you're fault!!" Rosie dashed across the room towards Jade. Gerard and Zacky grabbed hold of her, stopping her from reaching Jade.

"That will do you no good. What happened to Saskia was an accident. I never wished to bring this fate to her." Jade answered. She sat still and did not flinch a muscle.

"Rosie calm down!" Gerard shouted as she stuggled.

"What are we gunna do to resolve this? I mean where do we go from here?" Ray spoke for the first time that night. An urgency in his voice.
Jade looked to him. "We must track her down, she may have him for a number of reasons. Mainly its for sexual purposes."
The group looked shocked and Rosie stopped struggling.
"What?" Ray gasped.

"In the Balkans, it is believed that male vampires have a great desire for women, so a vampire will return after becoming a vampire to have sexual relations with his wife or with a woman he was attracted to in life. Im guessing it works both ways?" Gerard informed.
"Yes, thats correct." Jade answered.
"So why would she want Jimmy, I mean I thought you said it only happened to females?" Syn questioned.

"It does but, some males are more custom to it than others." Jade said.
"so you're telling us that Jimmy is one of those people?"
"Yes, yes he is." Jades answer left a silence in the room. "I felt it in his presence. He could become semi, if he is biten by a male that is also semi."
"Or worst still. He could be biten by a full vampire, he could become full." Gerard interupted.
"Thats why we need to hurry."

"Dude, you're just confusing the shit out of me." Frankie said, Mikey nodded in agreement.

"But it can only be a male semi? Not Saskia?" Ray asked.

"Thats right, only a male. Saskia can't do it her self. Its in her interest for him to become full vampire, then her child will be full too, passing on the favioured genetic make up and extending the vampire race." Jade spoke.

"So she first has to find a vampire to bite Jimmy. And then yeah..." Zacky spoke.
"Yes."
"So we need to get moving. How are we going to find her?" Zacky continued.
"The same way the other vampires are going to. You can sense her right?" Bob piped up.

"Yes. I have a special ability to see and destroy vampires. Among some groups of us, the ability to see vampires is exclusive to dhampirs. So I must be inherant from one. The powers of a dhampir may be inherited by the dhampir's offspring or people bitien by them."

"Okay so how do we stop this, when we get there I mean." Matt asked.

"Various means of killing or driving away vampires are recognized among people but the dhampir is seen as the chief agent for dealing with vampires. Methods by which a dhampir kills a vampire include shooting the vampire with a silver bullet, transfixing it with a hawthorn stake, and performing a ceremony that involves touching "crowns" of lead to the vampire's grave."

"Okay i'm done for now." Frank said once more, still clearly confused.

Zacky shock his head in disbelief. "We need to get to work here."