Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

_________________________Image
The blackness was overwhelming. I was afraid it was going to suffocate me. But it was the cold that was unbearable. I didn’t know how long I was trapped in here. But I kept searching. Time had stopped holding any tangible meaning.
It was useless. There was no escape, and I already knew it, my heart refused to believe it. I refused to surrender. Not accept fate.
There was no light. Not a trace. Not even a flicker. And no light meant no openings.
But I searched anyway, because I couldn’t give up. I wasn’t supposed to give up. I felt with my fingertips along every surface I could find.
Panic set in again and I screamed, beating my bruised fists against the walls that confined me. My voice was weak and small, like I was dying. But this couldn’t be death. It was too soon.
The darkness closed in on me filling my lungs until it was hard to breathe and impossible to scream any longer.
I collapsed in the corner wrapping my arms around my knees and rocking back and forth.
It was so dark.
And I was all alone. And so very, very afraid.
I cried into my legs, sobbing at first which faded into an inaudible whimper as I curled myself up.


I woke up slowly in a sob. I cried into my pillow, holding it tightly to my face as I tried to smother the lingering terror. At first I couldn’t remember the dream. But as I looked to my aching fists it all came back to me.
The smothering blackness. The fear. Sheer panic.
The devastating feeling of defeat.
The loneliness. Except I wasn’t truly alone. Something was watching me. Something was there, terrorizing me. Taunting me. Watching the darkness surround me.