Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

New Home

“Are you JaeLynn Rae Vega?” The officer asked me.
“Yes.” I said softly.
“We’re going to need to talk to each of you separately.” He said. I nodded my head and the lady from CPS took me into my room to talk while Ryan stayed in the living room with the police officer.
“So can you tell me why we’re here?” She asked nicely.
“Because my dad hurts me.” I said.
“And how does he hurt you?” She asked.
“He kicks me, punches me, slap’s me, things like that.” I said.
“Do they leave bruises?” She asked.
“Yeah.” I said.
“Can I see them?” She asked. I nodded my head and rolled up my sleeves and pant legs. There were quite a few large bruises on my legs and arms.
“When did he start hurting you?” She asked.
“After my mom died. A couple months ago. He misses her.” I said.
“When was the last time he hurt you?” She asked.
“This morning.” I said.
“Alright sweetie. Now what I need to do is get some pictures of your injuries, is that ok?” She asked.
“Yeah.” I said. After she was done with the pictures she took me back out with Ryan.
“Well we have more than enough evidence to arrest her father.” The police officer said.
“What happens to JaeLynn now?” Ryan asked.
“I’ll take her with me and she’ll be put into foster care.” She said.
“Can I talk to you alone for a minute?” Ryan asked her. She nodded her head and they stepped outside.

Ryan POV

“What if I adopt her?” I asked.
“Are you sure you can handle a fourteen year old girl?” She asked.
“I’m positive.” I said.
“Well, I suppose it would save her from the foster system.” She said thoughtfully.
“There will be a lot of paperwork, and you’ll have to come down to my office.” She said.
“Don’t worry I will.” I said smiling.
“Alright well let’s go tell her.” She said happily.
“Wait, let’s not tell her until the paperwork is final, I want it to be a surprise.” I said. She nodded her head and we walked back in.
“Alright JaeLynn we need to go down to her office for a few things.” I told her.
“Ok.” She said and stood up. We drove with the CPS lady to her office and JaeLynn waited in the waiting room while I signed all the papers. As far as she knew, she thought I was just telling her what happened. Once we were done I walked out to JaeLynn pretending to be sad.
“It’s time to say goodbye.” I said kneeling down in front of her. As I saw tears well up in her eyes, I realized I couldn’t keep up this act any longer.
“To the CPS lady because you’re coming home with me.” I clarified.
“What?” She asked confused.
“There is no way in hell I’m letting you go into the foster care system. You’re coming with me.” I said. Instantly her eyes brightened up and all of a sudden she flew her arms around me.
“Thank you!” She said hugging me.
“Ready to go to your new home?” I asked her. She nodded her head yes and we went back to her place. After we packed up her stuff we got on the next flight to PA. Once we were on the plane I looked over at her sleeping body, and that’s when it hit me. I’m a father a now. JaeLynn is my daughter. And I’m the happiest man alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im so sorry I havent updated. As some of you know already, during the summer alot of things happened. Well in the past 2 weeks all those things, and a bunch of other stuff thats happened over the past couple years has come out. So my family knows pretty much everything. I got grounded from the computer, cell phone, Wii. everything. Hopefully i will get everything back soon but here's an update for now....Comments are gretaly appreciated right now! :)