Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

Broken Glass

2:22 AM
I was woken up out of my dreams with the sound of a door slamming shut. I sat up quickly and looked around. My door was open. I got out of bed and stared out into the hall. A light flicked out from the living area and I stopped. I hoped it was my dad. Two more glass shattering noises came, followed by a pounding on a wall.

“Dad?” I called.
“JaeLynn? Is that you?” He asked.
“No. What’s going on?” I called.
“I don’t know. Stay where you are.” He said. I heard footsteps and swallowed back in fear.
“You can come out.” He said. I walked to the living room and saw two vases shattered into pieces.
“Clean it up and go back to bed.” he said and walked away. I sighed and grabbed a broom and dust pan. When I was done I went back to sleep and prayed for nothing else to happen.

The next evening I was working on my school work when I heard the front door open. I listened silently as my dad entered. I could tell he was stumbling over and was drunk. I wanted so badly for him to go lie down but I knew that wouldn’t happen. I watched in fear as he opened my door in a drunken haze. He came at me and grabbed me by the back of my hair. He slapped me and I fell to the ground. He threw my body forward and my back collided with the wall. His boot connected with my side and I let out a scream.

When he left I curled up in a ball and cried. My body was in so much pain it was almost unbearable. I just wanted the pain to stop.

When I awoke I felt sore and dirty. I limped over to the bathroom and took a hot shower. When I was done I got dressed and went out to the kitchen for breakfast. I sat across from my dad. He acted as if nothing happened last night. As if he didn’t beat the crap out of me and leave me to suffer.

As we just sat there the lights flickered on and off for a couple seconds. We waited for them to stop and then continued to eat. Then all of a sudden the TV in the living room went on and was just static. As my dad sighed I went to turn it off. He left the room and I sat there in silence.

After a couple minutes he called to me. I went to find him and he was in the bathroom with the door shut.

“What?” I asked.
“The door won’t open!” He shouted. I jiggled the handle and it felt like it was locked.
“I think it’s locked.” I said.
“I don’t have it locked.” He shouted. We continued to try to open and then all of a sudden the door just flew open and we both jumped back.
“That’s it. I’m calling someone to come fix this mess.” He mumbled and walked away. At the time I didn’t know what he meant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im sorry updates havent been frequent. Theres been alot of stuff going on with my family which has required me to take trips out to big bear where i dont have internet. My apologies. Please comment and subscribe.