Sequel: Day By Day
Status: Being Rewritten

Darkness Surrounding

Interview

3:25 PM

As it turned out my dad got in touch with a paranormal research group. Supposedly they were going to come and try to stop whatever was happening. To be honest I wasn’t too thrilled about it. With people always comes risks. As if on queue the door bell rang.

“Go get the door!” My father shouted at me from his bathroom. I walked up to the door and took a deep breath in, put a smile on my face, and opened the door.
“Hi, I’m Ryan Buell from the Paranormal Research Society and this is the rest of the team!” He greeted me with an outstretched hand.
“I’m JaeLynn. Nice to meet you.” I said taking his hand.
“My dad will be out in a minute. You guys can sit down.” I offered. They kindly took that offer and I went off to see what was holding my dad up.
“They’re here.” I said standing from the door way.
“Ok. Come here.” He said. I walked in and he shut the door.
“Yeah?” I asked.
“We already went over this but I’m going to tell you one more time.” He said and I nodded my head, knowing what was coming.
“Only talk when asked, hide any and all bruises, and lastly don’t you dare say anything to them about you’re little punishments.” He said sternly.
“I won’t.” I said.
“Good.” He said with an evil glint in his eye. We walked back out together and shared names. Then I sat down quietly while they all talked.
“So can I talk to you in private?” Ryan asked me.
“Sure.” I said and followed him to my room. I sat down on my bed and he sat in the computer chair.
“Alright, so how long have you lived in this house?” He asked.
“About three years.” I answered.
“And when did you start to have experiences?” He asked.
“Probably about five months ago.” I said.
“Do you know of any tragedies involving the house or the area around it?” He asked.
“Um well my mom died about six months ago but not on the property.” I said.
“Do you mind me asking how she died?” He asked politely. I nodded my head.
“She was on her way to pick me up and got hit by a semi. She was killed instantly.” I said.
“What type of experiences have you had?” He asked.
“There’s banging on the walls, doors slamming shut, glass breaking, and sometimes I hear my name being called when I’m the only one home.” I said honestly.
“Alright. Have you ever been hurt?” He asked looking into my eyes.
“Yeah.” I said after a couple seconds.
“Can you explain it to me?” He asked softly. I took a deep breath.
“It’s pushed me, scratched me, and held me down.” I said.
“Has it hurt you recently?” He asked.
“N-no.” I stuttered. He nodded his head.
“This question is going to sound a bit personal but I think I should ask it. Do you think that there is any possibility that the person or force doing this could be the spirit of your mom?” He asked carefully.
“No! My mom would never hurt me!” I said defensively.
“Alright I think we are done for now.” He said getting up. I nodded my head and he left me alone with the silence.