The Other Sister

Complicated

When Edward returned home, he decided he was going to ignore the two futures Alice and I had seen, and he was going to make his own. Isabella Swan was going to grow old and have a happy life, and Edward was not going to be apart of that.

The first week was miserable for everyone, Edward’s unusually hostile attitude threw everything off. There was no joy in his climate, there was no happiness in his smiles. He was in pain trying to stay away from Bella.

The first day after the accident he even ignored her, knowing he would only be more tempted had he talked to her. He was headstrong about not condemning Bella. I was trying very hard not to think of it too much while Edward was around. I knew he wasn’t going to make it, it only got harder as the days past.

After the initial shock of Edward’s mood wore off, the others grew used to it. Jasper no longer questioned his moods, and no one bothered worrying about it. Edward would realize eventually.

I was a little more stubborn than the rest, I could hear the pain he was putting himself through, and I didn’t like it. He didn’t have to do this to himself, yet he still chose to.

It was the beginning of March as we sat in the lunch room. Edward smiled at me after hearing my worries about him, but I could tell it wasn’t real. He already knew what I wanted to say to him, but he was still kind enough to let me say it before he disregarded it. He wasn’t happy and I knew that, I didn’t need Jasper’s ability to decide that.

You’re right, I’m not happy, but this is the only acceptable way. I will not ruin her life, she would surely hate me for it. I won‘t be that selfish.

What if you’re wrong Edward? I thought of the visions Alice and I had seen of Bella and Alice together. The only difference was whether Bella was human or not. She was just as happy in both images.

Just because she doesn’t hate Alice, doesn’t mean she wouldn’t hate me. I would be the monster that ruined her life. If I’m going to love her, the best I can do is avoid her. I won’t ruin her.

Does it count as avoiding her when you watch her every move, monitor her every breath? Edward I’ve seen it, I know you’re strong and I know you can handle this pain, but I think you’re wrong. I tried to use Jasper’s ability to calm Edward and unravel all the tension he’s built up, I can’t help but sense it.

And if I’m not? Should I risk her life to find out? I could tell Edward would not budge on the subject, not at the moment anyway, and I didn’t want to intrude on the subject too much more.

Just think about it Edward, maybe she wouldn’t feel the way you think her to. She’s proven your thoughts about her to be wrong before… I tried to be kind to Edward, even if I thought he was wrong.

Alice sighed, I knew she didn’t like Edward’s behavior very much. She was sure she was going to be great friends with Bella, and I didn’t doubt that. She was just as impatient as I was to wait for Edward to figure out he can’t keep trying to avoid her.

“Stay out of it you two. It’s not going to happen.” He snapped, tense from our previous conversation.

You’re just making things more complicated Edward. But fine, have it your way. I sighed and tried to focus on something other than Alice and Edward’s conversation. Alice wasn’t going to give up so easily.

You have the future twisting and changing so fast, it makes no sense. Hope you’re happy with that.

“It makes sense to me.” I rolled my eyes, if only that were true. Edward was just as confused about the future as Alice was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, sorry, sorry!!! Oh man, it has been so long, and for that I apologize! My, oh my, how I feel so bad :x Well, I'm going to try to update regularly, try being the key word. I know no one cares why it's been so long, so I won't bore you, but I will try to be good and update. Oh and I changed the colors, is it easier to read now? Sorry about that :xxx