Dearly Beloved

Chapter 3

Tre sat there next to my hospital bed, holding my hand. I was still unconscious so I couldn’t hear what he was telling me with a gentle, kind voice.

“I know you probably can’t hear me, but I was the one who gave you blood. You probably know I’m afraid of needles from all those websites out there about us because you’re obviously a fan.” Tre said while glancing down at my Green Day shirt he was holding. The nurses had slipped a hospital gown on my fragile body.

“I just can’t believe you’re alive. The bullet missed your heart by inches. And I sure am glad you are because I wouldn’t be able to live with the fact that I saw a pretty girl die.” He squeezed my hand lightly. He was silent for a while and all that was heard was the slow beeping of the monitor that was measuring my heartbeats.

An hour later, I was slowly starting to wake up. Tre was fast asleep in the chair next to the hospital bed, still holding onto my hand. I wasn’t full conscious when Tre’s cell phone started ringing. ‘I’ll take you to the candy shop; I’ll let you lick my lollipop…’ Tre smiled as the ringtone played. He had such a dirty mind. He took his Envy phone out of his pocket, looked at the screen, and saw that Billie was calling him.

“Hey bitch!” Tre said.

“Where are you dumbass?” Billie asked him.

“The hospital. I road with the ambulance people and man, they are some of the bitchiest people I’ve ever met!” Tre said.

“Well what the fuck is the name of the hospital?” Billie asked ignoring his last comment. He too wanted to see me.

“Hold on, I gotta look out the window. It’s a big green sign and it says ‘ECMC” whatever that means.” Tre didn’t notice, but I was fully conscious now. I had a bullet wound in my chest and it felt like a big weight was being pressed down on it. I looked to my right and saw a tube connected to a machine that was pumping blood into me. I looked at the small name that was taped onto the blood container.

Donator: Frank Edwin Wright III
Victim: Samantha Pominville

I looked over at Tre who was trying to explain to Billie Joe where the hospital was. He wasn’t having the easiest time explaining it, so he just told him to look for the big green sign on the top of a tall building. Tre finally hung up and started walking back towards my bed. It was then that he realized I was awake. He ran over to me and hugged me.

“Holy shit Tre! You’re killing me!” I told him trying to catch my breath.

“Oh sorry,” Tre said immediately releasing his grip and blushed.
“It’s okay,” I said confused. The reality hit me. “Wait, HOLY FUCK! Why are you here?”

Tre smirked. “Well, we kinda saved your life and I wanted to make sure you were going to be okay.” He then lifted up my shirt that he had set on the small table next to the hospital bed. “I see you’re a fan.” Tre said while grinning at me.

“Yeah, you’re right. I’ve been a fan pretty much since I was born. My parents listened to you guys when I was little so yeah.” I laughed at myself. My explanation wasn’t an awesome one.

“I know what you mean,” he said. He stared into my hazel eyes while I stared into his crystal blue eyes. The door to the hospital room opened and we both looked away from each other. Mike and Billie Joe both walked in.

“Hey!” Mike cried. “You’re alive!” He ran over to me and gave me a hug, but he didn’t squeeze me like Tre did. Billie also came over and gave me a hug. The look of terror was still fresh in his eyes from the attack. I think he was the one who hugged me the longest. He smelled really good too. When Billie stepped away from me, I looked over at Tre who was frowning for some reason.

“So,” Mike said wanting to end the awkward silence. “When can you get out of here?”

“I have no-“I started but was cut off.

“In two fucking days.” Tre said. “That’s gonna take forever!”

“You guys don’t have to stay for me.” I told them in a soft voice. “But, before you leave, can you at least give me an autograph?” They all burst out laughing. I was confused for a minute. For the first time, Billie Joe spoke up.

“Don’t be stupid. Why would we leave you?” I was shocked. “But, why would you stay?” I asked.

“Well,” said Mike. “In case you haven’t noticed, Tre is practically in love with you and Billie obviously feels something for you, and me? Well, I think you are the first fan we’ve met in a while that isn’t obsessed or ‘in love’ with us.” I stared at them. I couldn’t believe what Mike was telling me.

I couldn’t think of anything to say and both Tre and Billie Joe turned red. While Mike and Tre decided to go find something to eat, since they never got to eat their food the got at Starbucks and the Dairy Queen, Billie Joe decided to stay with me.

I laid in the bed thinking about what Mike had said. “Okay,” I thought. “Tre, I can understand why he might like me, but there’s no may Billie ‘feels something for me.’ He even said that Adie was the only woman he’ll ever love. Whatever, I’m not worrying about it right now because I have a boyfriend.” And I fell asleep while thinking about him because for some reason, I still felt very weak and tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
I used a fake name in this just so you know. It's after my favorite hockey player. :) Go Sabres!