Status: on hiatus. bad writer's block.

My Hero

Chapter Three

The sound of my alarm going off brought me out of my dreamless slumber, if it could be called thta.it felt as if I had gotten a few minutes of rest. I was sore and beyond exhausted. I stood to my feet and walked in to the bathroom. I began my daily routine of takling a shower and brushing my teeth. The shower helped loosed up my sore muscles a bit. It wasn't until I was brushing my teeth when the events of yesterday afternoon came to me. My homework was in David's car and I didn't have a ride to school.

While I was in my living room, sulking over the limited possibilities of getting to school on time, a knock came to the door. I got up not expecting as to what I was going to find behind the door. I unlocked it before opening it and having my breath being literally taken away as the chilly air came over me.

It was David.

"I-I didn't know what time you got up and I figured that you were still tired from yesterday, so I waited." He finished rather lamely.

"Outside?"

"Y-Yeah." He said I had never seen him so, lost, if I could say that.

"So," He said picking up the 'conversation'. "Are you ready?" I nodded.

I grabbed my coat and locked the front door. He took my hand as we walked down the path way o the front yard. It was exhilarating to hold his hand and being in his presence again. He rushed in front of me and opened the passenger door for me and closed it after I got in the car. Without out a word he started the car and turned on the heater.

There was one burning question that was contained within me, hot on my tongue.

"David, why are you doing all of this. You did your job, why haven't you gone back to treating me like I don't exist?" As soon as I said it I wished I could cram it back inside my mouth. I could see him cringe.

We got to the school parking lot. The silence between us was thick. He finally looked at me, no longer with the lost gaze in his eyes but a harsh glare that made me uncomfortable.

"If that's how you want things to be, fine." he said as he climbed out of the car and slammed the door shut making the car shake. I put my head in my hands, regretting deeply what I had just said. I looked down, noticing my backpack. I grabbed one of the straps and went to school.

===============================================================

Sure enough things went back to the way they were, David went back to ignoring me, treating me as though we hadn't met. Samantha returned to my side, gushing all about how Jimmy was The One. It all fell upon deaf ears. I didn't care what her disposition on the way things were in her Love Life. I kept on seeing the look of hurt that passed David's face, the flash of anger in his eyes, the facade that he put up for his friends.

He was just like me; we both wanted something that was real. My friend ship with Samantha was about as fake as wax fruit, there was no substance to her and she knew that but she didn't want to admit that to the people around her and herself that. I almost hated her for that, but I couldn't. I was no better than her. I was the one always by her side, picking up the pieces of herself that she crafted to impress the people around her or the guy that she was with for that week.

It didn't matter, because I was always there.

==================================================================

At the end of the day I saw David walking to his car, I asked Samantha to wait as I climbed out of the back seat and ran to David while doing my best not to slip on any ice. Thankfully he was alone, sitting on the hood of his car.

"David!" I shouted his gaze was averted from the horizon and to me. A hard look came over his features as he saw me coming to him.

"I thought that this is what you wanted. For me to leave you alone."

"I'm sorry about what I said, it’s just that... I'm not used to people like you."

His expression softened, changing from anger to a thoughtfulness that incorporated confusion as well.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Someone real." I mumbled. I looked at him through my hair, not wanting to look him in the eye, afraid of what I might have stirred within him.

Instead his index finger lifted my chin, forcing me to look at him. I had never noticed his Japanese features. He smiled at me before honking started to sound from the other side of the road. Samantha's angry eyes met mine.

I looked at him defenselessly as I walked to Sam's car. Jimmy in the front seat next to her, forcing me in to the back.

"I'll see you soon, Anna." David said as I opened the door. I raised my hand and gave a small wave in response. I got in and put on my seat belt. He smiled at me once more as the car drove away.

"What the fuck was that all about?" Samantha shouted in that high voice that squeaked because of the raised octaves. She was mad and wanted to show Jimmy, that she could be a bitch, which was working out for her very well. He was an ass that made her even more fake.

"Nothing, just a class project." I said as I silently wished that I was with David. Sam's car was cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler