And the Waiting Doesn't Seem So Bad

Chapter 5:

GERARD’S POV

"You're my dream boy" I wasn't even lying to him. I hope he realises that I brush my hand softly against his but decide it's really not the best time to hold hands. He nods his head slightly and gives me a look I can't describe maybe thanking me from coming with him or for my little whisper of love in his ear.
"Hello Ellen, oh you found Frank" the woman I’m assuming is Frank’s mother says. Her and Frank don't look very alike but theirs certain things the shape of the mouth and a little arch of the eyebrow when she sees me. Something I remember Frank had done when he first saw me too.
"you didn't have to come and say hello if you were with your friends honey" he mother tells him she seems like a nice person she kinda reminds me of my mom but I think it's just the tone of voice she uses it must be unique to mothers.
"Oh well apparently I did" Frank rolled his eyes in Ellen direction. He looks cute with that angry little look on his face that I have to try very hard to not kiss him.
"Aren’t you going to introduce the hottie?" his cousin asks she looks pretty close up but not as beautiful as Frankie. I grin at her for calling me a hottie. Compliments are always nice.
"Sara! Don’t embarrass the boy" Frank’s mom scolds her
"it's okay Mrs. Iero," I mutter I’m thinking it's best to do my shy but charming act. Not that I’m not always charming, but I’m rarely shy.
"The hottie is Gerard, Sara and keep your paws off him" Frank says rather defensively. Another reason to love him I had better add "is protective" to my list.
"Nice to meet you all." I give them a small wave. “Frankie do you want coffee? I’m going to get myself some"
"yeah thanks" he reaches for his wallet
"I’ve got it, you can pay next time." I put my hand to his wrist to stop him taking out money. I think I let my hand linger on his wrist a little to long but no one seemed to notice.
"Thanks"
"I've just realised how rude I’m being does anyone else want anything?"
"I’ll have a...." Sara starts but is cut off by Frank’s mother
"we're fine dear."
"but..." Sara gets a stern look "yeah we're fine" she sighs
I hear Franks mother say "what I nice young boy" as I walk to the counter smiling to myself.

FRANK POV

"Yeah he's cool" I tell my mother "really nice" I hear Ellen scoff at this.
"well it's good you've got a polite friend all those other punks you're friends with have never spoke to me with more then a grunt." she pats my hand "it's nice that you've found some who speaks English." she laughs.
"Frank has something to tell you Linda don't you Frank?" Ellen chimes in obviously sick of waiting. The more time we spend here the less time she has to get the news of my sexuality out to the rest of the town.
"Amm..." I look at Gerard who's paying for our coffee. He smiles not the sweet innocent smile he's being using on my family but that devilish "I wanna do you right where you're standing" smile. I smile back. "Nope nothing"
"Tell her"
"ooh like what's the secret Frankie? You get a girlfriend at last? You know you're nearly 18 you really should have gotten to first base by now." Sara's nearly as bad as her mother when gossips involved.
"Hmm well he's nearly got a girlfriend." Ellen mumbles unfortunately the female part of my family have ears like fucking bats and both Sara and my mom hear her.
"What’s her name? You didn't settle for the geeky girl with the jam jar glasses did you? Cause you could do better than that." the image of me settling for Mandy Kevin pops into my head along with an image of me kissing her. I shiver EWW. I look back over at the Gerard and have the image replaced by an all together sexier one. He's sucking on his spoon as he walks back to the table. I’m lost in staring at his lips caress the sliver for moment as I remember what those lips felt like pressed against mine with his tongue invading my mouth.
Shit I’m going to make myself hard even thinking about it. I shake my head as I return to the real world, and Gerard hands me my coffee and I shiver as his hand brushes against mine, but it's the good kind of shiver the my stomach is in knots but I like it shiver.
"Gerard, maybe you can tell us about Frankie’s girl?"
"huh?" Gerard tilts his head to one side like a puppy does when they're confused. "I didn't know he had one." What a good actor I have on my hands.
“I DON'T" I stress the words.
"You can tell us sweetie" my mom pats my hand again.
“But I really don't have a girlfriend."
"Oh my god it's a boyfriend you have a boyfriend" Sara exclaims excitedly pointing at me.
I spray coffee on the table as I was just sipping when she let out the outburst.
"You so do"
"I don't have a boyfriend" technically I’m not even lying I’ve only know Gerard a few hour's he can not be classed as a boyfriend.
Ellen snorts "so what do you call someone you make out with then"
it's my mothers turn to spit out her coffee she had been laughing at Sara teasing but this struck a little too close for comfort.
"Frank are you gay?" she asked and I can't look at her.