And the Waiting Doesn't Seem So Bad

Chapter 7

Gerard's POV
I don't think that I've ever been so happy at 8 o clock on a Monday morning, the Monday morning I start at my new school of all days, but I'm ecstatic I'm going to see Frank, I haven't been able to get him out of my head. I'm almost certain my Mom thinks I’m on drugs because I've been staring into space with a glazed over look in my eyes all weekend.
I was texting Frankie all day yesterday, saving him from total boredom.
Now all of his family know he's gay and everyone kept asking him questions, "about this charming boy your mom and Ellen have been telling us about." He said he told them that he didn't have a clue what they were talking about.
I'm looking back over all the texts now as I sip at my coffee
"I think you're wrong about the drugs Mom, I think he's in looovvvveee" my little brother Mikey shouts to my Mom as he watches me smiling at my phone.
"What his name bro?"
"who?"
"the guy you're in love with duh"
"I’m not in love with Frankie." I hit him on the head with the comic he'd been reading
"ooohhh Frankie, I gotta remember that."
"jerk off" I mutter, he gets embarrassed and tells me to shut up
"what don't want Mom to here about what you get up to when you lock the door to your room." I tease.
"GEEEEEE shut up please."
I look at the clock "shit we're late"
"so it's only school."
"get your skinny ass up."
"why? Since when did you give a fuck about school"
"I’ve gotta meet someone." I throw his hoodie at him as I pull on my jacket and grab my book bag.
He hops up "well why didn't you say so I’m dying to meet this Frankie, anyone who can tame you deserves a hug."
"tame me?" I ask confused as we head out the door.
"I didn't have to listen to you fucking anyone this weekend do you have an idea how rare that is."
"I’m not that much of a slut."
He laughs so hard he can't breathe " yeah what ever Gee, all I’m saying is that you come home every weekend with someone, but this weekend you were to busy texting your lover boy"
When I think about it Mikey's right as much as it pains me to admit that.
I usually would have gone and picked up someone, slept with them then have thrown them out of the house. but instead I was alone in my room listen to the misfits and texting Frank talking about random things like what colour t shirt looks best with red jeans, or if lip rings are sexy,
Since Frank has one of course they are plus it feels good to kiss someone with a lip ring too. It’s something about the coolness of the metal against the heat of your tongue.
As we reach the gate if don't see Frank. Mikey sees me looking around with a disappointed look on my face.
"why do you look like some on just killed your puppy?" he asks laughing slightly "OH, he was meant to be here wasn’t he?"
I nod "he's probably just late dude, look I’ll see you later I’m going to go find Ray and Bob."
"see ya bro." That bastard. I’m falling in love with him and he doesn't show up. I look around one more time the sigh, he's not here I begin to walk away but I' stop dead in my tracks when I hear a jock laughing
"Hey Iero feisty today aren't you? Fighting back."
"FUCK OFF YOU DICKHEAD" It's Frankie. I run over to where the jock has him on the ground kicking him. Frankie doing a good job off fighting him off but he's about half the guy’s size.
"Hey get the fuck off him you prick." I say venomously
"dude he's a fag" the jock informs me as if that should vindicate what he's doing.
"I said get the fuck away from him."
"who the fuck are anyway? new kid!"
"I'm your worst fucking nightmare, a fag whose going to kick your ass."
"OI Iero this your boyfriend." he kicks Frank sharply in the ribs
I grab his collar pulling him away from Frank, and smashing him hard into the brick wall to my right. "I said to leave him the fuck alone." I whisper into his ear.
"Get off me fag." he struggles but he's going no where. I knee him in the groin and he screams.
"You scream like a 6 year old girl." I laugh as he falls down to the ground. “ if you touch my Frankie again I’ll do a lot more than just knee you, I’ll make sure you can’t fuck walk."
I walk away from his leaving him clutching at himself, Frankie’s already up and he gives me the biggest hug I’ve ever received.
"are you okay?"
"yeah I’m great, thank you so much, so I’m your Frankie am I?" he asks leaning out of the hug
"yeah if anyone else touches you they're as good as dead."
he smiles so adorably I hug him again lifting him up he wraps his legs around my waist. And we kiss softly
"I think I like being yours"