How Do You Do What You Do

01

"Why are you out here" I asked him as he sat down on the street curb next to me.

"Even though Jonathan's my friend,I'm not going to back him up when he's wrong" he said quietly.

"Thanks Kyle" I said softly giving him a light smile.

"No problem kid" he said smiling at me.

I looked at him, gave him a smile and then turned away and rested my chin on my knees as I looked straight ahead at the street light on our street.

I hated when he called me 'kid' I mean I was 18. But he probably still sees me as Jonathan Cooks little kid sister.

I've been confused about my feelings for Kyle since I was 15. I mean he usually always sided with me when me and Jonathan got in our famous brother sister fight. He always just sat next to me, not saying a word, waiting until I was calmed down and was over the fight.

When I turned 16, I gave up on even thinking I liked him. Like I had a chance. I was Jonathan's little sister with a little kid crush.

Kyle was just a nice guy.

Yes he was a nice guy. Part of the reason I basically drove myself not to like him was because I trusted my brother, big mistake, on telling him I might like Kyle. He ended up telling Caleb and Caleb told Kyle.

I didn't come out of my room at all when the guys were over. I hid from them embarrassed.

Then one day Kyle came in my room and talked to me about my little crush.

He let me down in the sweetest way. He was a great guy. He used nice words to basically say it will never happen.

I wasn't mad or anything. But I was happy that he was such a nice guy, and didn't laugh in my face and go NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

He was basically like a brother to me. The nicer brother. Not that Jonathan was mean or anything, but we argued a lot. Just like brother and sister. He yelled at me when he thought my top showed to much cleavage, or when a boy he didn't know called me, or in this case at the moment, saying yes to going on a date with a kid from school.

I was still a senior in high school and since I still went to school, I was still treated like a 12 year old. I couldn't wait till I finally graduated and would be taken seriously.

"Why is he like that Kyle? Why?" I asked as I turned my head, but still rested it on my knees, as I looked at him.

"He's your older brother, so he has that instinct to automatically be protective of his little sister. Not let anything hurt her" he said softly and quietly.

"So you think he was right about making me break my date?"

"No I don't, I mean he doesn't know the kid, maybe he's perfect for you, but you need to cut him some slack, he just cares"

"Yeah, I guess your right" I said looking away from him and back to the street light.

"Is that street light fascinating you?" he asked jokingly lightening the mood.

"Its my favorite street light, as weird as that sounds, but that's where I had my first kiss right under it, that's where Jonathan was standing when he got me my puppy Bailey for my birthday, and that's where my first boyfriend confessed his love for me. But of course Jonathan scared him off eventually too. Just like every other guy. I'm going to die alone because of him." I said sadly.

"Awe Kcee, sooner or later a guy will come around that Jonathan approves of" he said putting his arm around my shoulder in a comforting manner.

"I hope so" I said looking down

~~~

I walked down the stairs the next day, and walked into the kitchen

"Morning sweety" my mom said looking up from the stove where she was making breakfast.

"Do you guys live here?" I asked with a sigh as I walked past the table where all of Forever the Sickest Kids were sitting.

When I talked about all of them together, I usually just called them by their band name. It was easier, and sat down at the island facing the guys.

"Your mom makes yummy breakfast"Austin said with a cheesy grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Why thank you Austin" my mom said piling pancakes on the guys plates.

"Kcee, I was thinking, since its the weekend, and you have no school on Monday either, and you don't have a life, you should come to a party we are playing at. And we can hang out this weekend, I haven't hung out with my baby sis in forever"

"I rather eat glass then hang out with you" I said in the obviously tone

"Kcee Carly Cook, that is no way to talk to your brother, stop being a brat" my mom said as she pointed the spatula she was using for the pancakes at me"Besides you love his music" she added.

"I may love his music, but its his fault I don't have a life. He scares away every boy that's interested in me" I whined.

"Your hanging out with your brother. It was nice of him to offer and want too, I want my kids to be close and love each other" she said turning some pancakes.

I rolled my eyes"Fine"

I looked at Jonathan and he had a smirk on his face. Mother fucker. He so planned that. Sucking up to mom. Stupid fucking little Mommy's boy.

~
After breakfast the guys stayed in the kitchen looking for more food to eat and talking about the band.

I plopped down on the living room couch and turned on the TV.

That 70s show was playing so I put the remote down on the coffee table and leaned back on the couch.

This show was awesome. I could never get sick of it.

"Great show" Kyle said plopping down on the couch next to me

"Shouldn't you be in the kitchen with them?" I asked absent mindly as I watched the show.

"I don't have to be, I rather watch this show with you"

"Oh okay" I said not really paying attention to him.

"Kcee, this party that we're playing at, promise me something if you come" he said shifting a little and I felt it.

"What?" I asked still not looking at him

"Don't drink and leave with a random guy"

"Oh give me a break" I said rolling my eyes.
"What did Jonathan insist you talk to me about this? Just so I wouldn't freak out and yell at him?"

"What? N- umm yea" he said and I looked at him like what are you talking about."Just please don't" he begged.

"Wow, is he like paying you? You actually seem desperate"

He just let out a nervous laugh

"Ill save you time, I promise I won't drink, I'm not a big fan of alcohol anyway, and I won't talk to any guys that want to get in my pants okay?"

"Great" he said with a smile and I went back to watching my show.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapters boring. haha my first chaps always suck, so
im posting the second one so you know how the storys going
to go.lol.