Racing Towards Love

Chapter 5

Image

Once out of the RV I looked around and all I saw was a bunch of trailers and RV’s. ‘Wow, I’m never going to find our RV again.’ I said to myself as a memorized my site number. 57... remember that.

I looked down the long line of RV’s trying to decided which way lead to the garage area. I finally decided to go left because there was a dead end to the right and a sign that said ‘Garage Area’ with an arrow that pointed to the left.

It took me a couple minutes to get to the garage area, once I was there I quickly found out how busy this area can be when all the teams are preparing for tonight’s shootout and tomorrows Daytona 500.

Looking around I realized that I wasn’t going to be finding Jimmies garage area that quickly. I stood at the entrance to the garage area looking around, trying to find anything with the number 48 on it, a shirt, a sign, anything. I knew that if I found the number 48 I would find the garage I needed.

“Hmm…” I said to myself looking around. “I can find every other garage but the 48!”

“Hey, whatcha looking for?”

I turned around and looked straight into the brown eyes of a very attractive and young Mr. Ryder Busch, one of the rookies in this years sprint cup series.

“I’m just looking for my brother’s garage.” I said staring at him. He had short brown hair that was all spiked up. He wore is brown racing outfit, and he looked like he had just gotten up.

“Who’s your brother?” He asked.

“Jimmie Thompson” I said taking my eyes of him to continue to look around for anything with the 48 number on it.

“Ah, so you must be Marilee.”

I turned back to him. How did he know my name? “Um… Yes, I am.”

“It’s nice to meet you Marilee; I’m Ryder, Ryder Busch.” He said holding his hand out for me to shake.

“Nice to meet you to Mr. Busch.” I took his hand and gave it a quick shake.

“Just Ryder please, Mr. Busch is my dad.” He smiled.

“Alright, Ryder.”
“How about I give you the grand tour of the garage area? Then you’ll know your way around and you’ll know were your brothers garage is.”

“Well… alright, but only if you have the time.”

“Oh, I’ve got lots of time; don’t have to be at the garage till lunch.”

“Well alright then.”

I didn’t just get a tour, I learned all about what goes on at the track very weekend. Thursday the teams unload and work on there cars. Friday there’s normally a practice and more working on the cars. Saturday is more practice and usually qualifying, and Sunday of course is usually the big race.

He told me who the driver and crew chief was for every car number. He showed me the room where they do the drivers meeting before every race and the area were drivers take there cars to get inspected.

I officially knew everything!

It was quarter to noon when he took me to Jimmie’s garage. The tour had taken almost two hours, I couldn’t believe it. There was no one at in the garage when I got there, so I assumed they were still having a team meeting.

“There’s no one here” Ryder said as we approached the garage.

“I guess there still in the meeting they were having.” I said looking around the garage. “But that’s alright; I’ll just go back to the trailer and have some lunch. Thanks so much for showing me around and for giving me all the information. Oh, and sorry for taking up so much of your time.”

“Don’t worry, it was worth it.” He smiled at me. “And you’re welcome. I’ll see you later.”

“Alright, later.”

I watched him as he turned and left heading in the direction of his garage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know , its been forever! And its short and i didn't bother going over it because i'm too lazy...
if you see anything that needs fixing let me know and i'll fix it ! (:

Thanks so much Alice for making me that wonderful banner !
I love it !

H a n n a h