Let Me Sign

Cassie, Meet Your Long Lost Best Friend

David wasn't to hard to find in the crowded airport. His long brown hair and height was a dead give away. I smiled widely, jogging up behind him. "Dad!" I said happily once I reached him, causing him to spin around, almost loosing his balance. I stifled a giggle. "Cassie! Wow. You're grown up." He said, smiling. This would most likely be the most words we'd exchange for today.

---------------------------------------

"We'll be sharing a bathroom, sorry." He said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck, smiling sheepishly. "No prob." I said casually, walking to my room. The black room was a warm welcoming to this familiar place. I laid my bags by my bed and made my way to the bathroom. "How've you been?" He asked awkwardly, trying to make conversation. "Good." I answered simply, placing my shampoo in the shower. "You cut your hair?" He asked and I had to hold back a scoff. "Yep. And dyed." He blushed slightly. "Oh, yea. Shoulda known." He said quietly.

There was a honk outside. "That should be Billy and his boy! Come on." He said, walking down the stairs. I threw my bathroom bag to the floor and ran after my dad.

---------------------------------------

"Here she is." My dad said when I walked out the door. "Hi." I said quietly. "God, is that Cassie!? Look at how big she's gotten!" A man in a wheel chair said excitedly. "This is Billy, you remember him and Craig right?" I looked over to the boy pushing the man's wheel chair and shrugged. "I don't blame her." Billy spoke up. "It's been, what, 7 years since we last saw you?" I nodded. Last time I had visited my dad, I was only around 10.